Stupid electronics questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 04:36 PM
5thGearFear
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stupid electronics questions

Hi to all...

OK, I just joined the Porsche club -- bought an '02 Turbo -- thanks for all of your suggestions on how we're supposed to act... tho I don't seem to get a lot of waves/light-flashes back when I wave to other Porsches...

I'm in the San Fran area, and want to think about adding a few pieces of useful electronics, but I don't know a good installer up here and have a couple of implementation questions.

So, where else would I go, but here?

1) Does anyone know an installer where I can get XM installed and the CD changer installed in the Bay Area? (I don't like my dealer much, so I don't want to do it there).

2) Is there any way to add the hands-free cell phone without installing the antenna ON the car? Can I put it on the back shelf under the window? (OK, I'm vain, I don't want to add anything to that *beautiful* car outline!)

3) I want to add a radar detector. I don't care if the cops see it, but *I* don't really want to see it (or at least I don't want it to clutter up my dash). Anyone got any ideas, and installers?

Thanks, folks, in advance.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:33 PM
VS
Instructor

You may want to contact <a href="http://www.reusaudio.com" target="_blank">www.reusaudio.com</a> : they will help you with 1, 2 and 3
Old 11-04-2002, 07:43 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts
On 2 & 3....I have Hirschmann bumper antennas in a couple of the cars........mount inside of front ABS plastic bumper...provide 5db gain I believe .....& hardwire to the hands-free shoe of my Timeport dual band/tri-mode....it works well.

On the Radar....personally I love Val 1 so much it was more a matter of finding the best way to conceal the head unit and remote and going with it....it is do-able....good luck...GreggT
Old 11-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Steve Lavigne
Three Wheelin'

[quote]Originally posted by 5thGearFear:
<strong>OK, I just joined the Porsche club -- bought an '02 Turbo -- thanks for all of your suggestions on how we're supposed to act... tho I don't seem to get a lot of waves/light-flashes back when I wave to other Porsches...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'll be waving if I see you. Will you wave back?

There does seem to be a glut of non enthusiast Porsches in SF.

Quick Reply: Stupid electronics questions