Sponsored by:

996tt Tuners???

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 01:03 PM
why go slow
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 996tt Tuners???

Wondering what some of you more experienced guys think about the different tuners as to who is best. Also, any specific thoughts on S Car Go?
Old 03-08-2003, 04:13 PM
Hamann7
User

I think some people would argue that Protomotive is at least as good as setting up Porsche motors as S Car Go, not just tuning the ECU for larger turbos. But of course, we'll find out soon enough...

For me personally, I really like Ruf and Manthey Racing's engine tuning program. I think their tuning abilities focus more on balanced performance, not hp numbers. Manthey's racing experience speaks for itself...

Another tuner to watch out for here in the near future is IMEC from Japan. Their products are mostly derived from their experience running a Japanese FIA GT series team in partnership with Yokohama. They also have the famous Japanese 'drift king' as their poster boy. Very high quality stuff that's elegant, advanced, well-made, and actually quite reasonable in price.

For me personally, I am going with IMEC and/or Manthey.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:32 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Keep in mind that a local tuner (if they are reputable) is the best choice. That way if there is a problem, it can be solved locally. Hopefully you live in an area that has some tuners.

Quick Reply: 996tt Tuners???