Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valet hit curb, weird dent in airdam on front. sigh.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 03:17 PM
5thGearFear
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Valet hit curb, weird dent in airdam on front. sigh.

Hi to all...

Well, the valet in my building clipped a little curb-like thing when parking my car, and there's a beautiful impression of a post in the black plastic element on the bottom of the front of my '02 TT.

Sigh. Grump.

Anyway, I'm assuming I can get it replaced -- is this a dealer trip, or is there a better way to fix it? Or (heaven forfend) is this not a replaceable part?

L8r, 5thGearFear
Old 05-28-2003, 03:35 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

do you mean the little black chin spoiler? it is replacable - no worries there. I would just keep it for a while as it costs $450 to replace!!
Parts for these things aint cheap.
I think I saw a used one on ebay last week.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:47 PM
KPV
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
5th GearFear,
Post a pic. I have a chin spoiler if you want to make me an offer in a private message.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:22 AM
Redlinerobert
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts
You can also order a replacement chin spoiler from Carnewal.com. $175!
Old 05-29-2003, 12:35 PM
dpj
Instructor

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by msindi:
<strong>do you mean the little black chin spoiler? it is replacable - no worries there. I would just keep it for a while as it costs $450 to replace!!
Parts for these things aint cheap.
I think I saw a used one on ebay last week.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I guess when you are spending Daddy's money, it doesn't matter. I got mine for $160.00 from a rennlist sponsor....
Old 05-29-2003, 01:03 PM
sporters78
Instructor

what the matter with you dpj,"i guess when your spending Daddy's money,it doesn't matter" .are you a little jealous of MSINDI. .
Old 05-29-2003, 01:22 PM
dpj
Instructor

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by sporters78:
<strong>what the matter with you dpj,"i guess when your spending Daddy's money,it doesn't matter" .are you a little jealous of MSINDI. .</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Why would I be jealous, I have my own tt. Personally i don't agree with showering your kids with gifts regardless of how much you make. When you buy parts for three times the going rate, it seems that you haven't learnt the value of actually having to go out and earn that money. Just reinforces my belief that's all...
Old 05-29-2003, 01:51 PM
sporters78
Instructor

dpj , your comments are out of place, in order for this board to grow and to get people to post without being personally attacked, people like you need to grow up. why don't we just concentrate on what the board is about '996tt' no reply is necessary from you, its not worth it to go back and froth.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:06 PM
dpj
Instructor

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by sporters78:
<strong>dpj , your comments are out of place, in order for this board to grow and to get people to post without being personally attacked, people like you need to grow up. why don't we just concentrate on what the board is about '996tt' no reply is necessary from you, its not worth it to go back and froth.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I found your little rant rather amusing, I think you are a tad over sensitive....and I don't think my comments are out of place. It's just one man's opinion....
Old 05-29-2003, 11:06 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

I had the dealer replace the chin spoiler on my 01 TT before I ever heard of Rennlist or Carnewal (back in March 2001) and the charged me $415 to be exact including labor.
I actually have been raised to appreciate the value of money and know that although a dollar is sometimes easily spent it is much more difficult to earn.
Every parent has their own way of raising their children and setting limits...I am just lucky to have a father who truly likes cars...The TT was part of a promise since I am the first son and went to a good school and applied myself for 4 years.
Comments about being spoiled or a brat are not really appreciated in a forum that is supposed to consist of a sensible and mature audience.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:11 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by msindi:
<strong>
Comments about being spoiled or a brat are not really appreciated in a forum that is supposed to consist of a sensible and mature audience.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">It's the internet, sensible and mature get's thrown out when you get behind the keyboard
Old 05-30-2003, 02:31 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Redlinerobert:
<strong>You can also order a replacement chin spoiler from Carnewal.com. $175!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I lost the chin spoiler on my 996 C2. Total replacement for the chin spoiler and mounting hardware was around $90. I am very surprised that it costs twice as much for the TT. Shop around a bit, I found a huge variation in price.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:16 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

Now I do shop aroung for EVERYTHING!!
I guess you learn as you go along. Also, TT stuff is usually beefed up pricewise compared to other cars for no apparent reason (eg. GIAC for Audi S4 and TT prices!!).
Old 05-30-2003, 05:50 PM
DarioTexas
Advanced

DPJ...

Don't be upset and take your sny comments out on people because your Daddy was too stupid to make enough money to buy you anything ... it's people like you who have an envious inner monologue that seems to come out and make you look like a jack-a$$ ... you should be happy that there is another fellow enthusiast on this board sharing his comments and opinions with us ... he could have not told us anything about himself but he had enough confidence to admit he didn't pay for his car ... I know it's your opinion but your opinion sucks and should be kept to yourself ...

It's people like DPJ who will make their kids bust there *** and start with nothing when they could start where the DADDY left off and become that much more ....

Erase this post if it's too much ... I'm just venting
Old 05-31-2003, 06:28 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm a spoiled brat, and will spoil myself even more in the future!

In all seriousness, we should not make fun of anyone here, it's just immature.

It is also against Rennlist rules: The Rennlist TOS and Charter will be enforced. In short: NO FLAMING, No obscene messages, nor pictures are to be posted, and no racial remarks will be tolerated. Rennlist is a worldwide community - please treat your fellow Rennlisters accordingly.

We are here out of love of Porsches, and we should stick together, not cut each other down...okay?

- Julie

Quick Reply: Valet hit curb, weird dent in airdam on front. sigh.