Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guard Gears and Coilovers...Initial impression.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 10:44 PM
Andreas
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shank, Did you get rid of your 2001TT and get a 2002 or is that just because the car is totally redone in 2002???/ Just curious.

Andreas
Old 05-29-2002, 10:52 PM
Shank996TT
Racer

The car I've always posted here and the other forums was my 2002. Same car, just looking to find its tuner. Finally!
Old 05-30-2002, 03:40 AM
badkarma
Intermediate

[quote]Originally posted by Shank996TT:
<strong>Ok, kewl as long as everything looks kosher, I'm fine with it. Not sure why the mechanic told me it was Negative 4. Anyhow, it just feels real good around hard corners. Just have the GT3 Sways and TRG drop links left to do for suspension.

THanks,
Ryan</strong><hr></blockquote>

Maybe he meant -4 total in the rear.
Old 06-10-2002, 11:50 PM
harvjay
Cruisin'

Hey Guys,

Just had H&R coilover installed on my 2002 Turbo last week . Drove it all weekend and no clunking sounds or any noise. Today for some reason after my car was put on a lift to ck something the clunking was there in a big way after it came down from lift. When I turn wheel side to side or comming to a stop I hear this clunking sound thats making me crazy. Mechanic says we need to put some white grease on springs to help the noise but doesnt seem like that that should be the solution. I called H&R and they mentioned to ck the strut bracket bolt that it was not to tight and ck springs that they are sitting properly . Does anyone know what this clunking is from ? BTW , I do have adjustable sway bars (Techart) with The racers group adjustable drop links but the noise is from the coilover setup.

Any help appreciated,

harvjay
Old 06-10-2002, 11:54 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by harvjay:
<strong>Hey Guys,

Just had H&R coilover on my 2002 Turbo last week . Drove it all weekend and no clunking sounds or any noise. Today for some reason after my car was put on a lift to ck something the clunking was there in a big way after it came down from lift. When I turn wheel side to side or comming to a stop I hear this clunking sound thats making me crazy. Mechanic says we need to put some white grease on springs to help the noise but doesnt seem like that that should be the solution. I called H&R and they mentioned to ck the strut bracket bolt that it was not to tight and ck springs that they are sitting properly . Does anyone know what this clunking is from ? BTW , I do have adjustable sway bars (Techart) with The racers group adjustable drop links but the noise is from the coilover setup.

any help appreciated,

harvjay</strong><hr></blockquote>

I know some eibach springs come w/ a platic or rubber insolater that goes around the coils that helps solve this problem.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:45 PM
styx
Advanced

Shank,

i really like this shifter lights.
Do you know where i can get them ?
An address would be fine.

Thanks

cu

styx
Old 06-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Shank996TT
Racer

SPA TECHNIQUE...

<a href="http://www.spatechnique.com/shiftlight.html" target="_blank">http://www.spatechnique.com/shiftlight.html</a>

Quick Reply: Guard Gears and Coilovers...Initial impression.