Sponsored by:

Kevin's ZC turbo install- DIY 7hours

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 11:53 AM
KPG
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kevin's ZC turbo install- DIY 7hours

I just finished installing Kevins Zero Clearance hybrids. It took about 7 hours and feels good to have accomplished it in an evening. The car already ran for its first of about 10 -15 garage heat cycles to break in these ZC's. Looks like I will be setting my alarm to get this thing up and running every four hours to rack up some heat cycles. Kevin G
Old 08-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Cool, let us know how it runs !!!

marty K.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:46 PM
KPG
Pro

Well, unfortunately the day came to run these ZC's and it was a total washout. Torrential rain put a damper on any real performance runs. Kevin actually wanted me to load up the stock program since I have only been running .4-.5 bar during the breakin and put 50 miles on the car with that stock file. So I put 150 highway miles with the stock file on the interstate slowly rolling in and out of boost in 4,5,6th gear. Kevin claimed with the efficiencies of this ZC setup I would likely see .7-.8 bar with the stock file and he was right. At a 60mph roll in 4th gear on the highway I would floor the pedal and a split second after the pedal banged on the floor I had .7 bar. I mean the gauge went from 0.0 to .7 with no digits in between. This is the stock file! Stunning throttle response. More to come. Kevin

Quick Reply: Kevin's ZC turbo install- DIY 7hours