Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 09:16 PM
robertp
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the PCCB brakes and rotors cost $9,000?
Old 08-12-2006, 10:34 PM
kwickr
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the deposit on the disc is probably where we are here, Do not believe dealer checked the run out... just test drove vechicle and made decision upon braking the car, they stated to me rotors warped fairly easily, that washing the car when brakes were hot could do it, think I'll try for some better diagnostic before action. I did do some very hard controlled stops today, in a row, it seemed better, not quieter of course so we will see tomorrow. Don't want to seem totally uninformed but didn't even know I had pagids until last week. Thanks everyone for the input, think what I really should find out is if there is a good mechanic near Lake, Sumter, or Marion county Florida, a dealer alternative.......
Old 08-14-2006, 12:25 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mooty, are the GT3 cup rotors interchangeable with the TT rotors? and if so are they better? I track my car usually 2 full DE's a month, my rotors are up for replacement and I have been wondering about a "rotor" upgrade? any suggestions? floating? upgrade rotor size and relocate the caliper? thanks for any good upgrade ideas for the track!
Old 08-14-2006, 03:10 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kwickr
I think the deposit on the disc is probably where we are here, Do not believe dealer checked the run out... just test drove vechicle and made decision upon braking the car, they stated to me rotors warped fairly easily, that washing the car when brakes were hot could do it, think I'll try for some better diagnostic before action. I did do some very hard controlled stops today, in a row, it seemed better, not quieter of course so we will see tomorrow. Don't want to seem totally uninformed but didn't even know I had pagids until last week. Thanks everyone for the input, think what I really should find out is if there is a good mechanic near Lake, Sumter, or Marion county Florida, a dealer alternative.......

if your willing to make the drive to miami ill be happy to take care of you
Old 08-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Cueto
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HA! and u think steel gt3 rotors are expensive?!

I has a CL55 AMG V8Kompressor. Took it a whille back for its brake
service. Front Pads and rotors WITHOUT labor was $2,400.00

Now that really got me fumming. Check with other dealers, Yep, those things are stupid expensive, and dont last much.

Love the price on the turbo rotors Though :-)

Cueto
Old 08-14-2006, 10:22 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

"Probably uneven pad deposits. See if you can find some Hawk Blue pads to run for a while and it may remove the deposits. Rotors rarely warp. Do a search and you will see that this has cured many "warping" issues and that Pagids are noted for leaving deposits, etc."

I'd rather have my nuts chewed off by a blender than use the POS Hawks. THE WORST pads on God's green earth. Pagids only "leave deposits" if they are the oranges, and then only on small, overused (read: beyond their intended heat capacity) brakes.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:34 AM
mattipuh
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
mooty, are the GT3 cup rotors interchangeable with the TT rotors?
was there any conclusion on this question? I'm sure there's some difference in Gt3 hubs, in comparison to 996T mk1 hubs?

I need also to update front discs next summer, and have been searching for 2 piece rotors for front brakes (which are from 996turbo mk1). I presume gt3 race discs would be little bit lighter than oem turbo ,but would they fit?

another possibility would be to find 2piece front discs (330x34) for mk1 996 turbo, but it seems that it's rather difficult to find such.

any recommendations are welcome in this case. don't like to pay $2000 for 2 discs though, espec. when the OEM turbo rotors are so cheap. BUT, would like to get lighter rotors, in reasonable price.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Giro discs are 2 piece slotted rotors and about $1200 for the fronts.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

rotors are not interchangeable with out major modifications.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:21 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Hey Cueto...I have rotors for your AMG - about 1200 for fronts

Quick Reply: brake advice