Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions for cjv

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2001 | 01:32 AM
A.J. O'Connell
Advanced

Question Questions for cjv

CJV, sounds like you've built one really kickarse machine out of the fine 996TT platform. If you don't mind, could you share with us what mods you've done and which tuners you've used? Also, if you have any tuners you didn't use and feel it is important to share the "why not them" info with us, it'd be surely appreciated. BTW any dyno/track info?

TIA,
A.J. '02 996TT Nov. del. anticipated.
Old 09-05-2001 | 11:14 AM
Gene Schumann
4th Gear

I really want to wish you good luck on your attempt to modify your Turbo with Renntech. They are, to my knowledge, not experienced with Porsche or any other turbo charged cars. I for sure wouldn't want my Turbo to be Renntech's guinea pig so that they have a new product offering after messing with you car's internals... Not all engines are the same, Mercedes engines are, in my opinion, one of the lowest in technology (3 valves per cylinder, high displacement low output) as opposed to Porsche hi-tech engines (Variocam low displacement-high output and turbocharging). I have also not heard of a tuner who would be willing to bring a Turbo up to 600HP without modifying the internals. From 911 & Porsche World, techart says that it is necessary to modify the internals to manage the extra power (the stock cam shafts and valve springs are not strong enough for the job). I will also not touch any EVO short shift kits as they are cheap kits manufactured in Taiwan with specifications given by a BMW enthusiast (forgot his name). All I can say to you is "Good luck my friend".

Quick Reply: Questions for cjv