Sponsored by:

Diminished Value????

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 01:53 AM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by PorschePhD:
<strong>Well, I have a small story for you. I had a C4 a couple of years ago that was very low mileage and had won several shows. I came out of the doctors office and there was a note under the wiper that said "sorry I backed into your car, call me if you need to" So I called her and told her there was a line where the paint was removed and the driving light was cracked. She said how much.....I hit her for 10% diminished value as the car was perfect and now could not be shown nor sold as never been touched. They told me the insurance company had lawyers to deal with people like me and good luck. The insurance company sent out a guy to inspect and test the car for repaints etc. They agreed that the diminished value was in check and cut me a check for 4200.00. It isn't that uncommon in the industry for high end cars. Your insurance company shouldn't fight to much. They know..</strong><hr></blockquote>

I must say, I'm impressed by the person that left a note. Every time I've come back to my car to find fresh dents and scratches, never was a note present.

Quick Reply: Diminished Value????