Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

x73 Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Gary (Fl)
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X73 will lower the car so yes the front can scrape more. But it is also much firmer and it travels less up and down. I actually hit less now. But entering at no angle would make it scrape more since it is closer to the ground.. It just takes precautions. As far as Boston goes, I grew up in NY and if the roads are anything like that I would not want x73.. It would be a harsh ride...

I have not noticed any vibration at idle or driving.... I did install the motor mounts also.

Last edited by Gary (Fl); 07-16-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:06 PM
awsum1ed
Intermediate

Does any one in orange county california have the x73 suspenson kit? if so, how is the ride on our streets & highways?
Old 07-17-2006, 10:16 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by iborroel
Could I use this setup on my '01 996TT? If not what would I have to do to get it to work on my car?
Springs and motor mounts for a TT, the C4S springs are a different rate due to different wt. I'd be happy to sell it to you at a cheap price, but by the time you buy springs and mm's from porshe you wouldn't be saving much. I suspect the shock valving is slightly different as well.
Dock, when I had it installed I noticed a slight vibration at idle with the AC on, clearly due to the solid mounts, no biggie, don't even notice it at all anymore.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Gary (Fl)
Racer

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
Springs and motor mounts for a TT, the C4S springs are a different rate due to different wt. I'd be happy to sell it to you at a cheap price, but by the time you buy springs and mm's from porshe you wouldn't be saving much. I suspect the shock valving is slightly different as well.
Dock, when I had it installed I noticed a slight vibration at idle with the AC on, clearly due to the solid mounts, no biggie, don't even notice it at all anymore.
Okay, help me out here? Doc???

X73 are non adjustable coilovers... You remove the stock springs and shocks and install the coilovers.. (I removed my ROW shocks and springs and sold them). There is not an X73 for a TT and one for a C4S they are the same part number as far as I know. There are no springs to change on the coilovers... They are one piece.. The kit has 6 pieces to it. A pair of front and rear coilovers and the two motor mounts... So yes he would need the motor mounts unless you took them off your car and returned them to the stock ones.. But that should be it.

This is a description from Carnewals site:

"P96 X73 Lowered Sport Suspension
The factory X73 retrofit kits are available for the P96TT and for the P96C4 "Turbo look".
It lowers the car 20 mm all around and makes it sportier than the stock ride."

Look at the links at www.carnewal.com ... They show the same kit/PNO for both C4S and TT...
Old 07-17-2006, 12:37 PM
iborroel
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would appreciate it if you could please send me a PM or email when you are ready to sell. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:41 PM
iborroel
Three Wheelin'

C4S Surgeon: If what Gary (Fl) says is true defintely get in touch with me when you're ready to sell.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:05 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I was told that the C4S and TT X73 kits had different pn's, different spring rates and different motor mounts. Check with suncoast or braman before you buy, just don't want to f anybody over. If you go to suncoasts site they list different pn's BTW.
I'm taking it off next week.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:28 PM
iborroel
Three Wheelin'

I was told that the C4S and TT X73 kits had different pn's, different spring rates and different motor mounts. Check with suncoast or braman before you buy, just don't want to f anybody over. If you go to suncoasts site they list different pn's BTW.
I'm taking it off next week.
The good news is that the motor mounts can be used between the two cars. The bad news is that the shocks & springs are different for the X73 on the turbo and that of the C4S. This was confirmed by Sunset Porsche just minutes ago and an email just received from Gert Carnewal. Oh well I will have to pass then. That sucks since it was such a good deal.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Gary (Fl)
Racer

Originally Posted by iborroel
The good news is that the motor mounts can be used between the two cars. The bad news is that the shocks & springs are different for the X73 on the turbo and that of the C4S. This was confirmed by Sunset Porsche just minutes ago and an email just received from Gert Carnewal. Oh well I will have to pass then. That sucks since it was such a good deal.
Good to know... It should be clearer on Carnewals site.

C4S there is someone on speedbrigade that wants your x73 with a C4S...

Quick Reply: x73 Suspension