Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Wissach best place for Ruf exhaust?..$5000?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 03:06 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Post Is Wissach best place for Ruf exhaust?..$5000?

And...does the Ruf system assume dual pipes on each side or is there a way to use stock tips? Thanks in advance for any input. GreggT
Old 03-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Gregg, Is this the price you were quoted from Weissach? I have asked this question directly to Ruf about the exhaust tips. The reply they sent back was that "all you have to do is exchange tips". Now, I'm not sure if they mean that to change tips you have to modify (cut, weld, fit. etc.) If you look at the photo of their exhaust it looks different than the stock, so I'm not sure if is exactly just a simple exchange of the tips (bolt on/off). Maybe CJV can respond to this, I think he has the Ruf exhaust.
Old 03-10-2002, 04:49 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
cjv, I too like the dual tips, although the tips kind of look off aesthically due to the shape of the cut outs of the stock bumper. I don't want to do body work to the stock cut out just for the tips, I just want the performance, and have the stock tips that flow with the stock bumper. So if I ever want to put it back to stock, no biggee.
Old 03-11-2002, 12:53 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Well I'm odd man out again...I like original big ovals (but then I had the big stinger tip on the 986 & never warmed up to the 'S' duals)...IMHO having 2 pipes on both sides is a bit too much like my neighbors Northstar. I nail the (current) price down & get a definative on the tips. GreggT
Old 03-11-2002, 12:50 PM
asgar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello
the Ruf Exhaust tips are welded in and you cannot interchange tips,i was just at the factory last week and watched the proccess.
hope this clarifies the question
regards

Asgar
Old 03-11-2002, 12:53 PM
asgar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello
the Ruf Exhaust tips are welded in and you cannot interchange tips,I was just at the factory last week and watched the proccess.
hope this clarifies the question
regards

Asgar
Weissach/Authorized Agent/Ruf Automobile

Quick Reply: Is Wissach best place for Ruf exhaust?..$5000?