Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternative hardwire connection point for radar detector, if phone cable is damaged.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 04:38 PM
jebia
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternative hardwire connection point for radar detector, if phone cable is damaged.

With the help of the many "hardwire" threads, I finally got around this weeked to wiring in my V1. When it came to power connections, I went straight for the ignition on green/black wire under the center console, per the many tread instructions.

The previous owner looks like he had cut the cable insulation and soldered. The wires were frayed and exposed. I tried connecting into it but the wire wasn't hot with the key on. Somewhere in the wiring back from that cable to the fuse box the connection is broken.

I then searched for an alternative power/ground tie in. I then tied my detector hot wire to the fuse box hot side of the "telephone" fuse, I believe it was on row "E" fuse slot "6". The lower fuse blade slot is upstream of the fuse. I got my ground from the torx screw that attaches the dash panel right above the odbc connector.

Hopes this helps for those like me that have a damaged telephone plug connector .

Jon

Quick Reply: Alternative hardwire connection point for radar detector, if phone cable is damaged.