Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6speed site down?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 12:53 PM
robertp
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never brag about my cars only my wife and kids. Some immature jerk took what I said and twisted it around so I defended myself.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Robertp,
fair enough,
Look we all have said things we have regretted (me especially),
This has become a very, very good place to meet people, learn an
amazing amount, and have a little fun!!
Cheers to the Twin Turbo and those astute enough to buy one (however they
do it)!!

Marty K.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:33 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok kids, play nice or no recess!! Marty I agree with you, well said!!
Old 03-15-2006, 05:27 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

overall, for my purposes, rennlist is the best porsche site.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:10 AM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

I am very happy with both 6 speed and Rennlist. There are some really awesome people on 6 speed and probably some real jerks. No different than any other fourm.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:23 PM
02barebones996c2
Track Day

I usually post only on 6speed and cruise through rennlist and speedbrigade.

im not trying to sound like an *** but was wondering why there are alot of animosity on rennlist and speedbrigade towards 6speed on both boards i see "bashing" on 6speed, but the guys at 6speed as far as i know dont bash on rennlist or speedbrigade..

one thing i did notice is the type of enthusiast the 6speeders are more prone to going the unchareted course, ie, big turbo upgrades, super wide tires., bling stuff and the pursuit of enormouse power 1000hp etc..

the rennlist guys enjoy the car on a more purist forum, straight out of the factory, with a little bit of modifictaion at times,, and usually they are factory stuff.. more concerned on driver education than building more power...

speedbrigade is still a staring forum that is still trying to find its niche in the sports car forum.. the most content ive seen in vehicular / general photography. the technical aspects of the forum is less developed than rennlistor 6speed..

were all different type of enthusiasts i see memebrs of 6sppe don rennlist, or speedbrigade and vice versa... we just gotta find what type of enthusiast we are, i am more of the power and uncharted course in the porsche arena.. and thats why 6speed appeals to me..
Old 03-16-2006, 03:48 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 02barebones996c2
I usually post only on 6speed and cruise through rennlist and speedbrigade.

im not trying to sound like an *** but was wondering why there are alot of animosity on rennlist and speedbrigade towards 6speed on both boards i see "bashing" on 6speed, but the guys at 6speed as far as i know dont bash on rennlist or speedbrigade..

one thing i did notice is the type of enthusiast the 6speeders are more prone to going the unchareted course, ie, big turbo upgrades, super wide tires., bling stuff and the pursuit of enormouse power 1000hp etc..

the rennlist guys enjoy the car on a more purist forum, straight out of the factory, with a little bit of modifictaion at times,, and usually they are factory stuff.. more concerned on driver education than building more power...

speedbrigade is still a staring forum that is still trying to find its niche in the sports car forum.. the most content ive seen in vehicular / general photography. the technical aspects of the forum is less developed than rennlistor 6speed..

were all different type of enthusiasts i see memebrs of 6sppe don rennlist, or speedbrigade and vice versa... we just gotta find what type of enthusiast we are, i am more of the power and uncharted course in the porsche arena.. and thats why 6speed appeals to me..
I'm generalising a bit here but take the post below. 6 Speed treats this guy like a pro lapping up his every word with barely a trace of sceptisism - he tries preaching his 900+hp BS on here and gets asked to prove it with a simple acceleration measurement but says he's not interested in measuring the acceleration - Plenty of us on Rennlist have heavily modified our cars, but the knowledge of what real sustainable hp means is quite strong on here and wild claims are met with a healthy dose of sceptism until proven otherwise in contrast to 6 Speed where high flow end tanks and V Flow are 50hp bolt ons
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...&highlight=950
Old 03-16-2006, 04:43 PM
02barebones996c2
Track Day

Originally Posted by TB993tt
I'm generalising a bit here but take the post below. 6 Speed treats this guy like a pro lapping up his every word with barely a trace of sceptisism - he tries preaching his 900+hp BS on here and gets asked to prove it with a simple acceleration measurement but says he's not interested in measuring the acceleration - Plenty of us on Rennlist have heavily modified our cars, but the knowledge of what real sustainable hp means is quite strong on here and wild claims are met with a healthy dose of sceptism until proven otherwise in contrast to 6 Speed where high flow end tanks and V Flow are 50hp bolt ons

From what i know craig is the real a real hp power junkie.... from what i know he is usually up to any hp/power challenge, weird that he would decline an invitation to show his car's hp..
Old 03-16-2006, 04:55 PM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

TB, you are right about generalising. Plenty of good people on 6speed who know what they are talking about. I enjoy both forums but I see no reason to paint everyone in 6speed with the same brush. After all, we are all Porsche enthusiasts who equally enjoy the marque and what it has to offer.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have an interest in increasing the HP and handling of my car. I enjoy it a bunch, but am not too interested in testing stuff out on my own. Yes, I'm a chicken ****! I am very greatful of those who are leading the way in this regard. They are, in essence, testing things out that I will be implementing myself, if proven to be successful and are shown to endure the test of time. I find there to be a lot more individuals on 6speed who are prepaired to try new things and share the results than on rennlist. Now if I'm looking for a little Grid Girl action, that's a completely different story
Old 03-16-2006, 11:58 PM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

I have said before and will say again I am up for any one who would like to challenge my car and see how "sustainable" my hp is or how real.

Bring it on!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:27 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Is 6Speed now the busier tt forum? I do think we lost an entertainment factor when admin expelled a few posters for "exhuberance" in some threads. AS
Old 03-17-2006, 10:16 AM
stingray
Advanced

The membership committee must have finally met. I joined 2/11/06 amd was given posting privileges this morning.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:27 PM
cjv
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 02barebones996c2
From what i know craig is the real a real hp power junkie.... from what i know he is usually up to any hp/power challenge, weird that he would decline an invitation to show his car's hp..
02barebones996c2,

It is not "weird" at all. Craig like sharkster has a TIP. I had assumed that everyone already knew that TIP's do not successfully dyno. You are however spot on that Craig would not decline an invitation to show his car's power.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:02 PM
cjv
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TB993tt
TB993tt,

I realize I'm not one of your favorite people, however "skepticism" and "knowledge" are worlds apart. Craig usually prefaces his comments with, "I'm no expert or I really don't know." How have those remarks evaluated him to a "Pro" status???? Has an imagination run wild? Craig has tended to look to many other people for information and advice. Craig has "guessed" his power to be around 950 hp and he explained how he arrived at his guess. For those of us who understand certain mods we also understand the errors in Craigs guess. Big deal, it's not like his guess was out in left field. Now, here comes the knowledge and understanding part. We all know Craig has Garrett GT30R turbo's (he so stated) and some of us know this turbo is good for a max. of 450 hp per turbo @ overboost utilizing engines with displacements up to 4.5 liters. So if everything in Craig's motor is up to snuff, he could get 900 hp max.

As for "sustainable" hp , interesting term and I like it. Problem is who quotes sustainable hp??? Certainly not Porsche with their advertised ratings. The only one I can really recall is Manthey with their 550 hp. Everybody thought they were sandbagging. It had 750 hp. Or was it 550? I guess it depends on weather the power was read on the 1st/2nd or the 6th/7th consecutive dyno run. I assume we know the differences.

In conclusion, Craig is a great guy along with being an enthusists. So what if his power is off by 10%. After all he said it was an (educated) guess. I don't believe he ever said "sustainable" power. I've been reading the forums for along time and sustainable power just really hasn't been used much as a measuring indicator. Besides, I believe we all know Craig has a TIP ............. and as we should know they just don't dyno. Ask sharkster.

For what it is worth Craig is currently enlarging his ports and valves. Will that make more power ............ in certain ranges yes. Will it make more maximim power .......... no, probably not without changing the turbo's. And if he does go to larger turbo's ........... at what price to responsiveness? Either way Craig has one very fast car and there really is no reason to be bashing him.

Last edited by cjv; 03-19-2006 at 07:14 PM.

Quick Reply: 6speed site down?