Sponsored by:

PPI on certified turbo did not list lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 12:12 PM
mikerosi
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Default PPI on certified turbo did not list lowering springs

I am in CA and bought a 01 tt in FLA. At a PCA DE I discovered that I have H&R lowering springs and my bump stops were all chewed up and the shocks are shot. How can I make the dealer pay for Porsche approved suspension? I would prefer an X73 setup. This dealer did not mention anything about after market suspension or anything about the car being lowered. I thought that they have an obligation to tell me on the PPI. Guys, what reasonable steps should I take? Call PCA first. Hey Dock what is the Porsche part # for the X 73? thanks Mike
Old 02-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

A PPI does not carry any guarantee of fitness, so you are out of luck.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:05 PM
iborroel
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think that a certified turbo sold by a Porsche dealership is allowed to have anything aftermarket on it.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Garey Cooper
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it is "certified" I am VERY surprised that they would have passed through the non-Porsche springs? The PPI must have been done in one hurry.......But if it is indeed "certified" and your not the one who did the springs one would certainly think it would be a warranty item, although you may not get an X73 replacement out of the deal. It may come down to a credibility issue between you and the dealer who did the PPI, I'd stick to my guns if the above were true.

A PPI is mostly a check list and done right a compression check on the cylinders and wear parts. But, in a busy dealership I wonder if the urge to be quick as opposed to thorough and pick up the money (remember "Count De Monay from Cheech and Chong?) isn't a strong inducement. The dealers self-ceritify so far as I know and a "certified" car is a more saleable if not more valuable car...and a set of springs under the dog gone thing just might go unnoticed.......
Old 02-28-2006, 04:35 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Darn that sux It's pretty easy to notice a turbo that's been lowered... Stock ride height is so obvious...
Old 02-28-2006, 10:10 PM
mikerosi
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Well after a little investigating I discovered that my car had the H&R lowering springs installed at
Champion Porsche in FLA. I just called 3 or 4 dealers with the VIN and my car was serviced there before it was traded in at the Collection in Coral Gables. So this proves the car was modified. Any suggestions in dealing with this company on the CPO status of my car? The Collection is an authorized Porsche dealer. The H&R`s are horrible.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:13 AM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

when I bought my car the previous owner had the car lowered by putting on H&R springs. the car looked good and good ride height and then to my suprise actually handles quite well at the track. I have had none of the problems you mention so I wonder if things were done correctly in the first place??
At my dealership, all after market stuff is removed and the car completely returned to stock before being certified.
this has been great for me and others at the dealership because it supplies and endless collection of aftermarket stuff removed at the dealer that they are happy to get rid of for very cheap!!

Quick Reply: PPI on certified turbo did not list lowering springs