Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment for street/track driven 996TT ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Kaizu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment for street/track driven 996TT ?

Hello, we got a new car in the family. Eurospec '01 996TT with Techart mods. Already bought a EVO V-Flow intake (hope the MAF stays okay!) and Bilstein/FVD PSS-9 coilovers. I haven't installed or got them installed yet as the car is in winter storage (at the moment got only one winter wheel set that fits to a 996 and it's on another car, great fun )

Anyway, I would want to know what kind of alignment should be done, the car will be both street and track driven. There will be quite much track driving at the Nürburgring (which is one of the biggest reasons why the car has been bought, my favorite track) and of course fast road trips across Europe so high speed stability is a nice thing to have (of course reducing understeer with some negative camber will be nice, but I haven't tested the car yet).

So any help for good specs would be greatly appreciated! I assume Kiko knows a thing or two about tracking these cars? I got none from FVD so maybe I should contact them... And here in Finland I'm able to get just the OEM specs.
The car will be driven with R compund tires at the tracks and with normal rubber at the street (18").

Thanks,

btw. I assume the correct row specs are these from Renntech.org?
Front:
Toe: - 1° 50' ± 30'
Camber: - 30' ± 15'
Rear:
Toe: + 10' ± 5'
Camber: -1° 25' ± 15'
Old 02-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Kiko
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search on alignment, alot has been written and tested. I personally wrote a few and settled with "fast road" alignment which I consider most appropriate for 4 to 5 track days a year and spirited driving on the road on road tyres.

Quick Reply: Alignment for street/track driven 996TT ?