Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav Map Frozen - Any way to Reset PCM System?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 12:26 AM
VinnyC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nav Map Frozen - Any way to Reset PCM System?

There has been some threads about this topic with no real answer to the question. A search yeilds many Cayenne owners with a similar problem and hopefully someone has figured this out by now.

My Nav map screen is now frozen and no matter what I do I can't get it to move again. I tried removing the CD and reinserting it. I tried inserting the old rev. CD to see if it would restart the system. I can see my general location from large areas like 10-20MLS but when I zoom in to 1/4 mile (My normal view) I get a blank screen with no movement. When I first got the car a few weeks ago, I could see my street and all the streets in my neighborhood at 1/4 - So I know it exists on the disk. And I assume that the NAV was working properly up until that point.
Is there some sort of ctl-alt-del for the PCM system?? I have VER.3 on an early 04 car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:42 PM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 533 Likes on 319 Posts

Did you try disconnecting the battery with the hope that it clears the PCM memory?
Make sure you have the PCM code, then disconnect the negative battery cable, turn on the flashers and pump the brakes a couple of times, that should drain all the power.

If the PCM isn't reset, leave the battery disconnected for 15 minutes and do the flasher brake thing.

Hope it helps.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:47 AM
VinnyC
Racer

Will this create more problems with other electronic items?
Old 01-01-2006, 01:55 PM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 533 Likes on 319 Posts

It hasn't on mine.
On other cars, clearing the memory in the adaptive learning modules on the engine & transmission allows you to reprogram the way the tranny shifts.
Once you clear the memory, on the next few drives you hammer it at every opportunity and the transmission shifts at higher points until city driving dumbs it down.
Not certain if that learning process applies to the tip.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:00 PM
VinnyC
Racer

I finally got the Nav to reset. I did not disconnect the battery. I tried almost every combo / button until I found the reset. It's there.

I selected "SET" then "Factory Settings" --- "Reset Factory Settings" --- "Yes"

This cleared the frozen screen and reset the Nav Unit.
Hopefully this helps someone else.

Quick Reply: Nav Map Frozen - Any way to Reset PCM System?