Sponsored by:

Unhappy with Neil at Orton/PSI

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Toothzilla
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unhappy with Neil at Orton/PSI

Just a little warning to anyone thinking about giving Neil at Orton Performance your credit card number. Back in September, I purchased a used PSI loud exhaust from 969, with the understanding Neil would discount if $500. Not only did he charge me full price, but he tacked on another $50 from 969’s advertised price.

I contacted him numerous times, and every time, he said he was sorry and assured me I would have the amount credited back. Well, two months down the road, I check my credit card, and not only has he not credited back the money, he tacked on another $770 to my bill. Once again I contact Neil, and he says “sorry, it’ll be credited in a few days”.

Well, now it’s 3 months later, with no credit to my account, and the only reason I got the $770 back is because I got my credit card company involved, and changed my account numbers. Long story short, the PSI Loud sounds great, but Neil is terrible at customer service and I will never purchase another PSI product.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Thanks !
Old 12-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

wow.... what an honest mistake. run. fast.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:29 AM
GREEK-TURBO-RACER
Pro

Originally Posted by Toothzilla
Just a little warning to anyone thinking about giving Neil at Orton Performance your credit card number. Back in September, I purchased a used PSI loud exhaust from 969, with the understanding Neil would discount if $500. Not only did he charge me full price, but he tacked on another $50 from 969’s advertised price.

I contacted him numerous times, and every time, he said he was sorry and assured me I would have the amount credited back. Well, two months down the road, I check my credit card, and not only has he not credited back the money, he tacked on another $770 to my bill. Once again I contact Neil, and he says “sorry, it’ll be credited in a few days”.

Well, now it’s 3 months later, with no credit to my account, and the only reason I got the $770 back is because I got my credit card company involved, and changed my account numbers. Long story short, the PSI Loud sounds great, but Neil is terrible at customer service and I will never purchase another PSI product.

Really unfortunate you are going through this crap with Neil. I know all to well on what is happening over there. No, I am not going to get into detail of the problems I have had with him. I will all come out eventually in time. I had no choice but to contact PSI direct in Belgium. I explained the problems and had immediate response from them . I suggest you do the same and contact them and tell them what has happened.

Theo
Old 12-08-2005, 11:40 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

If 969 sold it to you they should be dealing with psi, not you. Good luck.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Woodster
Drifting

this sounds like a 969 Customer???
Could there be another side to the story?
Unfortunately Neil cannot directly defend himself,
Why didnt 969 credit you ??? Arent they the Vendor on this one? (CA.)
I dont know any details but I know that we all have experienced things
like this before and there could be 2 sides to it??
I hope it works out...
Old 12-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Marty
That was my first reaction as well, Toothzilla is a new poster and the timing of his post could have been perceived as a "conspiracy". Regardless of what my opinion can be of Neil, he has the right to defend himself , and here, well he cannot.

Then I found out that this same post is on another forum and there is no answer there either.

In Frenchie they say there is no smoke without a fire, one could smell the ashes a long time back, and the admins here rightfully did.

Toothzilla, hope it gets sorted out.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Just thought I'd add my two cents:

In all of my dealings with both Neil/Orton, and with the crew at 969, NOTHING, and I repeat NOTHING has ever been anything other than stellar.

I hope this gets worked out, and sorry to hear about it, but my experience with both vendors has been very positive.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 12-08-2005, 01:34 PM
yvonnejim
Advanced

Yes, but what does he say now when you call him ??
Old 12-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 269 Posts

This was our response on the other board. Chris purchased the Exhaust directly from Neil not 969, we were just installing it for him.

From Robyn...
"there are a few points that I wish to clear up; the purchase Chris made wasn't with 969, it was with Neil/Orton. Chris asked us to step in and help him expidite the credit with Neil, that is all. We do not, nor have we ever represented Neil. Neil is Orton, he has no relation to 969 other than our relation with PSI which we share (simply, we are both resellers of PSI products). I hope that alleviates some of the confusion, if any existed."

I would personally like to add that this sucks and that 969 is not in the biz of trying to rip people off. We didn't start 969 to make money, we started it because we love our hobby. We're trying our hardest and if WE make a mistake (Which we will form time to time) we'll do OUR best to fix it.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Toothzilla
Intermediate

I purchased the exhaust through contacting 969, I wasn't until I received my credit card bill that I realized I was dealing with Neil directly. My intention wasn't to blast 969 at all, just wanted to tell the whole story. About the only thing I can really blame 969 for is that they didn't full explain that I would be dealing with Neil directly. They have been very helpful for everything else, and my wife and I have returned to 969 for work on her BMW.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 269 Posts

Chris, I personally am sorry for all this...I know it's just words...but right now it's all I can offer.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Received 1,099 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Toothzilla
I purchased the exhaust through contacting 969, I wasn't until I received my credit card bill that I realized I was dealing with Neil directly. My intention wasn't to blast 969 at all, just wanted to tell the whole story. About the only thing I can really blame 969 for is that they didn't full explain that I would be dealing with Neil directly. They have been very helpful for everything else, and my wife and I have returned to 969 for work on her BMW.

Seems to me this whole thing was a mess with everyone. How can one not know who's he's buying from? Who took the CC number? Who ever that was is who I'd be talking with.

Good luck, hope it all works out. I've met Neil and he's a very nice fellow. But thats not the issue here. People doing business should stand behind what they do.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:27 PM
RobynC
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Kirby for carrying over my words to Chris from 6Speed....again, this has turned into a huge mess that we hope to never have a repeat of. That's what happens when the distributor mixes in the fray of sales questions. My sincerest apologies that it ended this way, with you being frustrated. I do wish Neil could at least explain his side of things, that would definitely clear things up alot.

Please know that we are here to help the enthusiast, because that is what we are. This business, as I am finding is quite colorful. We have had a couple of bumps, but we are most definitely learning from them, which is so important being new to the community. I know I speak for Dave, Kirby, Mike, Collin and myself when I say that everything we do is with the HIGHEST level of integrity (I would have it no other way, nor would I be a part of an organization that compromises it!), and mistakes happen. It's how we pick up the pieces that is so very important. Should 969 be expected to refund money we never recieved? Perhaps, perhaps not. But, I assure you, nothing like this will ever happen in the future. Chris, again, I am very, very sorry.

My very best for the holidays,
Robyn
Old 12-08-2005, 04:07 PM
killerbee
Advanced

I check my credit card, and not only has he not credited back the money, he tacked on another $770 to my bill.
At that point why didn't you contact your CC company and have at least those charges removed?

I gather that this has all been resolved now?

Quick Reply: Unhappy with Neil at Orton/PSI