Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unhappy with Neil at Orton/PSI

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my self employed little company, I ALWAYS protect the customer first and then worry
about whether my vendor is going to reimburse me later or not--I am sure everyone
learned something here and wish all parties good luck.

Marty
Old 12-08-2005, 06:19 PM
lexpro
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Woodster
In my self employed little company, I ALWAYS protect the customer first and then worry
about whether my vendor is going to reimburse me later or not--I am sure everyone
learned something here and wish all parties good luck.

Marty
Hear, hear.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Toothzilla
Intermediate

Just to clairfy, I purchased the exhaust throught 969, but Orton billed me for the purchase. I think there was some confusion on one of our parts. 969 has offered to credit me the amount, but I don't want it from them, I want it from the guy who has said numerous times my refund was on the way.

969 has been very apologetic and helpful where they could be. I don't hold them responsible for someone elses poor business relations.

Thanks Kirb and Robyn.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Received 1,099 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Toothzilla
Just to clairfy, I purchased the exhaust throught 969, but Orton billed me for the purchase. I think there was some confusion on one of our parts. 969 has offered to credit me the amount, but I don't want it from them, I want it from the guy who has said numerous times my refund was on the way.

969 has been very apologetic and helpful where they could be. I don't hold them responsible for someone elses poor business relations.

Thanks Kirb and Robyn.

Something is weird about this whole thing. If you bought through 969, then they must have took your credit card number? Was there some misunderstanding between them and Neil?

If they offered the discount, then how did Neil get involved if they didn't contract the part through him?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:03 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

neil stored and serviced my GT3 last year. i had no problems and he was very helpful
Old 12-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Toothzilla
Intermediate

Rolo,

I'm still a little confused, too, maybe Robyn will chime back in here. I purchased it through 969 and then I guess they gave the number to Neil to bill me. FWIW how I was going to be billed should have been discussed, but it wasn't, I've informed Robyn of this problem for future customers.

969 offered the discount, and when I saw Neil in person at 969 a few weeks later, he confirmed that he would issue a credit.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Toothzilla
Intermediate

All right!!! George from 969 just phoned me and Neil has finally credited my account.

It's terrible I had to resort to this to make things right.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Received 1,099 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Toothzilla
All right!!! George from 969 just phoned me and Neil has finally credited my account.

It's terrible I had to resort to this to make things right.

Good deal. Glad Neil did the right thing
Old 12-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, nothing like TIMELY customer service

4 months.......damn
Old 12-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Thumbs up My experience was a great one with Neil!!

I had perfect experience with Neil also:
I ordered (2) separate times, rec'd things in very quick manner
(exhaust direct from Belgium in 4 days!), (ECU out of my car for
2.5 days total). Agreed on price, paid that price, recd very good
quality product, I am totally satisfied. He even gave me his home phone number to help me install my PSI exhaust. He also is very more knowledgeable
than he initially lets on to be. He did work in Europe for a Porsche race
team and has alot of interesting stories.
I wish he would at least speak up (by becoming a Rennlist Member).
Old 12-09-2005, 01:50 AM
Toothzilla
Intermediate

What really stinks is that I drove a PSI 480 modded TT and had planned on doing it in the future. It really had some kick to it. Oh well, back to some research on which tuner to go with now.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 269 Posts

Wow, go away for a day on biz and BAM!!! All hell breaks loose, haha

OK, I know there is nothing I can say that will sway opinions that have been formed, but I can clear some stuff up just for my piece of mind….

First, I want to thank everyone that has called, emailed and PM’d me for moral support. Thanks. Sharky, when you call I had no idea what was going on, haha. I haven’t been on the forums all day. And thanks for talking Bud.

Second. George is not a partner at 969. The Partners (if you must know) are David, Collin, Mike, Robyn and Myself. We contracted George to help us set up shop. Any issues that people have against George is between George/Akkurat and them. In fact Akkurat still owes me money, but because I know it’s financial situation I’m not as bitter. Of course I still want my money (its near Arling territory, haha). Also, just so everyone knows, no one at 969 is taking a salary, everyone right now is doing it because we love the hobby. We all agreed early on that any money made would go back into the company or to do something for the enthusiast’s community. If 969 should become a profitable company George and other day to day employees will be compensated, but until then, nada.

Third, we’re going to be working on new shipping, receiving and ordering process for PSI and our other products, whether that is with the current vendors or other ones. So something like this error will hopefully not happen again.

Fourth, it’s unfortunate that this situation happened, but all we did was install the exhaust. Chris purchased the exhaust directly from Neil, but this may change (see above). The new exhaust did not show up in time and Chris drove 2.5hrs. So the best we could do was offer him Collin’s barely used exhaust at a discount so Chris wouldn’t go home empty handed. As far as I know Chris is VERY happy with the exhaust. Neil was notified about the situation and agreed to refund Chris the difference. That is where all hell broke loose. We were just trying to help out.

Fifth, we’re still a believer in PSI products. So far EVERYONE who’s installed a PSI product has been happy with the product. For that reason we still plan to support PSI. When a car is tuned properly the 480 and 550 kits are really quick, right Fasteddie?

Sixth, I’m not making any excuses. 969 is not a perfect company, BUT we’re not here to RIP anyone off. Any errors that 969 makes we try and rectify before it can even escalate to this magnitude. There have been plenty of happy customers (in fact Chris ,who started this thread, is a repeat customer even after all this happened), but like I said, we’re not perfect.

So that’s all I can say…I’m not sure if I left anything out and again I’m not trying to make any excuses…but I just wanted everyone to know that we’re not here to rip anyone off and offer the worst customer service possible…
Old 12-09-2005, 10:49 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmm, one should look with better eyes Kirby. Again look at the charts. No one has still addressed the issues brought up with the dips in the program. It would be worth your while to answer those questions an address those issues in some of the other threads in detail. Again, no word from anyone on what was going on. This is a shame.

Second, my best piece of advice from being a customer and screwed by people in this industry and now a builder/Fabricator/Tuner is you should be careful in the company you keep. There will always be the instances where things happen. How you deal with them is what makes your business have integrity. It is a simple check system. When the world seems like it is against you, chances are the world is not wrong. Back up and punt 20. The company you keep is very important to viability in this market. Many questions and responses have gone unanswered in these threads the last couple of days. Important questions. Silence is not a good thing. Few have had good things to say about some people. Remember, regardless of what you guys might be like, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in the world of perceptions.

Starting a company in this business is hard. I started from a set of cams I sold out of my car. The rest is history.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

intergrity? where have all the good people gone?
Old 12-09-2005, 11:32 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They are all going away, retiring or are from the old school and are not internet savvy. Even if they were most of the guys I know don't want to come up here and deal with all the political BS. Tuner has become such a loose term in this industry it is hard to tell who is real and who isn’t. All the guys I have known from the past simply will not come out or have retired and no longer want to talk about cars. A shame really. I have seen some great guys leave these boards in the last 12 years.

Quick Reply: Unhappy with Neil at Orton/PSI