Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Value of a Roll-Cage...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005 | 06:31 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Mine is a 6 point full roll cage so it cannot be removed and reinstalled, the front pillars and side bars are dangerous in case of a collision without helmet and protection. That cage in the accidented car is certainly one of a kind anyway, nothing like the Heigo I have.
Old 11-12-2005 | 04:00 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

The best thing about the RUF, is that it allows you the freedom to have your kids ride with you. I'd agree that the front and side bars need to be removed if the car is driven on the street. Unless you're wearing a helmet, it'll do much more damage than good.
Old 11-21-2005 | 07:13 PM
sonny1
Banned

A friend got killed, when he got rear ended, he was driving a 993 Ruf RCT, the back of his head hit the top hoop, killing him instantly., so roll cages, roll bars, etc., should be used with helmets and full harnesses, imho not wise for a street car. Kind regards,Sonny.
Old 11-21-2005 | 11:37 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sonny, first my condolences.

Question, was your friend wearing his belt at the time? I can't see how I can hit my head with even my regular street belt on.
Old 11-22-2005 | 08:05 PM
sonny1
Banned

Lat,
Frankly I don't no for sure, just before the accident he was opening the gates of the track, when he climb back on the car he got hit on the left rear corner, I guess the rear impact send his torso backwards and upwards thus hitting the bar with his head, the reason that I don't no (seat belt usage) is that he was able to get on his own out of the car, then collapsed. Actually the impact wasn't that hard,40 miles tops from what witneses say, kind regards, Sonny..
Old 11-23-2005 | 05:08 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Incredible! Takes a licking...

I think that qualifies as "totaled."

Dan
Old 11-25-2005 | 12:05 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Very important to keep your belts on if you're going to be driving fast. I'll admit that I don't always use my belt but I certaily try when I'm driving at high speeds. I figure the belts will keep me from bouncing around in the ****-pit and or banging my head on my roll-bar.

I use the Porsche roll-bar since I'm sure they spent more $$$ in R & D out there then most others...... I would also add that it would appear that the roll-bar in this case saved a couple lives.....

-Eli
Old 11-25-2005 | 12:29 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Eli, and to all of us, we should use our belts 100% of the time that the car is moving. If only for the reason it keeps you behind the wheel and keeps you from being knocked about. Try driving and controlling the car when you you are not in your proper seating position.
Old 12-06-2005 | 03:11 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LAT
Eli, and to all of us, we should use our belts 100% of the time that the car is moving. If only for the reason it keeps you behind the wheel and keeps you from being knocked about. Try driving and controlling the car when you you are not in your proper seating position.
Yah, Yah, if I won't listen to my parents what makes you think I'll listen to anyone else..... Sorry man, I'm just a little old-school and got used to the years of driving when it was an option not a requirement.

To each his own,

-Eli

Quick Reply: The Value of a Roll-Cage...