Sponsored by:

Red TT Coupe at Momentum Porsche Houston

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 09:03 AM
dhartger
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red TT Coupe at Momentum Porsche Houston

I was at Momentum Porsche here in Houston a couple of days ago and looked at a red TT coupe, ’03 I believe. It had been drastically lowered and the salesman said it had also been modified by the previous owner to produce (a claimed) 500 hp.

I was surprised that a Porsche dealer would handle the sale of a modified car, figured those would usually go to auction. The really surprising thing though was that it was labeled as “Porsche Approved” and had a Porsche warranty in effect despite the mods.

Anyone know anything about this car? Is it common for Porsche to warranty a modified car like that?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Lizard1
Racer

what are the details and how much is it now that it is drasctically reduced??? Usually that means that they took the price out of space and atleast put it in the stratosphere
Old 11-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

How ironic,
I was looking at a black TT that was said to have an aftermarket chip a few months ago. You really have to watch Momentum, they let their salesguys say anything (lie) to sell a car. First, they went on and on about this car being an X-50......until I had them pull the bid sheet Then they copped to the fact that the added performance was from a chip, and that the CELs were normal Then they told me they were going to remove the chip for me and call me back to drive it.......they never called back

Keep in mind that even after being called out on it, all their advertising kept listing the car as an X-50....pretty sure what happened is some poor soul with more money than sense thinks he is rolling around in an X-50 and thinking the CELs are normal
Old 11-06-2005, 09:40 PM
dhartger
Intermediate

They are asking $93K. It has about 7K miles. I'm trying to decide between a used 996TT and a new 997 so it was interesting to me. They also had an '04 black TT with (I think) 9K miles asking (I think) $92K.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:41 PM
dhartger
Intermediate

By the way, to the sales guy's credit, when I asked he firmly stated that it was NOT an X50.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:22 AM
user 8830374
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, you are correct about Momentum. I would NOT buy a car from them! They dragged me down from Austin to look at a "perfect" '97 TT. When the salesman started the car up it made so much valve train noise I jumped back fearing I'd be hit by shrapnel. The salesman said that this is "normal" for this model....BS......................

Quick Reply: Red TT Coupe at Momentum Porsche Houston