Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evoms Powered Race 996 TT Update!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Gilhart 54
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evoms Powered Race 996 TT Update!

The 996TT race car is completed! Many thanks to all the great people who helped with this project. Evolution Motorsports, Forgeline Wheels, Moton Shocks, Suncoast Porsche, FABCAR, and GIAC Tuning.

Last year we ran a best of 1:15.5 at Putnam Park Road Course. Since then we added a splitter, an LSD, rear wing, wider/yet lighter Forgeline Wheels and wider tires. With these changes were now running a fast lap of 1:10.6.

A big thanks to the guys at Wheel Source and Forgeline Wheels for working with me on this project.

Wheel Source: www.wheel1.com
Forgeline Wheels: www.forgeline.com

Here is the car in action last week at Putnam. http://gilhartmotorsports.com/Putnam...int%20Race.wmv

Rick
Old 09-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Great stuff, thanks for sharing!
Who and what are you following (Looks like 993 GT2 !!),
You are far better driver than I, very nice line overall!
Marty K (Wannabe racer)
Last question: what turbos, mods, exhaust, are on the car? and it looks lightened?
Old 09-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Gilhart 54
Instructor

Marty,

- Evolution of the 996 TT race car -

The 996 TT race car has taken over a year to get to where it is today. Starting from a 2002 996 TT street car, the car has been transformed into a very competitive World Challenge race car. Some of the items on the car include: Moton Motorsport shocks, Forgeline wheels, FABCAR dual master-cylinder, FABCAR roll cage, Kelly-Moss carbon fiber dash, doors, roof, and hood, AP Air Jacks, GT3R wing with Briggs uprights, splitter, Lexan windshield, quarter and rear window's, Pagid race pads, light-weight battery, Recaro GT3 race seat, Schroth harnesses, Evo shift link, B& M short-throw shifter, window net, GT3 steering wheel with Porsche Motorsport quick disconnect, fire suppression system, FABCAR aluminum sub-floor, etc.

Engine mods are from Evolution Motorsports and include: GIAC stage 3 ecu tuning, KKK 24 turbos, GT2 intercoolers, Evo diverter valves, B&B GT exhaust, Light-weight clutch and flywheel, Motorsport LSD. Hp is estimated somewhere in the low to mid 500's at the flywheel.

We run the stock caliper's and rotor's however additional cooling is provided via brake duct hose. We plan on changing to a GT2 front fascia for 2006 which should provide a little more down-force and additional cooling. The car retains all-wheel drive and weighs in at 2,880 lbs.

The above info is from my website. Probably more detail than you wanted but it was easy to cut & paste.

Glad you liked the video. That indeed was a GT2 driven by good friend Norm.

Rick
Old 09-30-2005, 02:23 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Rick, sounds like a great car. I think I have seen it somewhere else in another forum. Unfortunately I am on dial up here and cannot see the video but if you are keeping up with Norm's monster at all, then I would say that you have an amazing setup. Glad to see you are running at around 1 Bar.

If you have any pics please post.
Thanks
Old 09-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Gilhart 54
Instructor

Jean,

If you go to www.gilhartmotorsports.com you'll see the TT and the 930. I'll take some pics next week and post them for you.

Take care,
Rick
Old 09-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Oh, so it is slightly modded, LOL, great stuff and like Jean said (and you were keeping up),
this is an incredible car you have and a "realistic horspower figure" which I can appreciate.

MK
Old 09-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Thanks Rick, great car!

That 930 has serious modifications done to it, even the roof was changed..lexan all around etc..must be around 2200lbs or so. I like the forward looking opening on the rear engine lid, similar to the 997 Cup cars, I am about to do this conversion on my car.

Last edited by Jean; 09-30-2005 at 03:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Evoms Powered Race 996 TT Update!