Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freq valve for diverter valve?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 01:15 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, something I have preaced! I would be open to playing with it if it can be vented in to the intake as the OEM setup.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:18 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

I have something I'm playing with.. when I get the car back I'll test it out Left over from my EVO lol...
Old 08-12-2005, 02:49 AM
StephenTi
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is very easy to vent back to atm... I went to the local pep boys, and they let me in the back room to their wall full of radiator tubing... I picked one that was shaped like a question mark, and plumbed back into the oem v-tube with a piece of metal/plastic tubing that you can get at any hardware store in the plumbing dept. You insert it inside of the rubber tube, and you join it to the oem tube. On the BOV end, you just need the HKS fitting that allows for the tubing to be attached to it. I'll take a pix of how it sits right now and post it when I get a chance.

I've got a friend who has worked for HKS for a long time. The SSBOV should be fine for handling my 550~600 crank. I've never ever heard any thing close to compressor surge (believe me, I know what it sounds like). Likewise, I've had this setup for a while now, street and track... I really could not be more satisfied with the setup. Guys with mega-power, like you, Alex, can go to the racing bov. To switch between the ssbov and racing takes but a few minutes.

Last edited by StephenTi; 08-12-2005 at 03:53 AM.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:14 AM
StephenTi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sharkster
Hi Stephen.. although that BOV is a nice one (quick response) for the kind of boost you and I run you'd have to use a HKS Type 2 "racing" blow off valve... We messed around with those for a while last year and for my own car it was a fun project but it's certainly not without it's problems. I mean the car is never fully happy at having to vent atmosphere...

Strange... even though I vent back to intake now, for a period of time, I was venting to atm, and my car didn't care at all...
Old 08-12-2005, 03:51 AM
StephenTi
Intermediate

To make sure everything is robust, I doubled up with extra pieces of rubber hose and cable-tie at places that may come into contact with anything. The piece/sheet of plastic you see being sandwhiched by the tube and rubber near the plus terminal is 3M's helicopter tape (clear bra material). It minimizes friction if there's movement taking place. When I work on my car, I make everything as fail-proof as possible. I also shimmed the positive-terminal box to make more room for the return tube.

Here's a pix of the HKS setup: manifold -> hose -> HKS flange -> HKS ssbov -> HKS vent-return fitting -> hose -> metal/plastic tube -> oem v-hose

Quick Reply: Freq valve for diverter valve?