Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Super Sport Maxflow

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 07:49 PM
JP Schnitzer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carrot, I think you will like it. Interesting thing with all this aftermarket stuff is that for every 1000 units sold, there will always be a few that did not have an entirely positive experience....Same thing has happened with the EVO Intake...Which I also love. But, the other 997 people that are happy don't say anything...That's the way the world works I suppose....I wouldn't panic.....Give it a try....If you absolutely hate it, yes you can sell it pretty easily....But also be aware that the sound gets better with time.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:50 AM
rbcsaver
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by AMG ETR
Yes it does drone, and no its not quiet . Quieter would have been the better word for it (refering to the supersport which is louder and drones more than my straight pipes )
Evan
Regardless of who the manufacturer/reseller/family member outsider and "retail customer," I disagree with the ability to slam "A" product as better than someone elses." Listen, ride research any PRE-purchase decision! Lets keep it unbiased please.

regards,
Steve
Old 07-22-2005, 10:10 AM
greyghost
Instructor

I have a FabSpeed quiet and it is loud but something that has not yet been mentioned is the fact that FabSpeed exhausts produce more horsepower than many of the other brands mentioned. There's a drone to some extent with all systems, some more than others, but if you drive in the proper RPM ranges it is usually not an issue.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Big Carrot
Banned

I think I was blinded by the fact that it makes more power. On the video that they have on their website, the quiet one seems pretty tame. So who has a quiet system that still makes power? Is that even possible?
Old 07-22-2005, 11:47 AM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rbcsaver
Regardless of who the manufacturer/reseller/family member outsider and "retail customer," I disagree with the ability to slam "A" product as better than someone elses." Listen, ride research any PRE-purchase decision! Lets keep it unbiased please.

regards,
Steve
No where in my posts did I say someone elses product is better than the fabspeed, just shared my experience and opinion.
Evan
Old 07-22-2005, 12:03 PM
greyghost
Instructor

The quiet and the loud supposedly produce the same gain in horsepower, however, a tuner like ImagineAuto that has dynoed these set-up is more qualified to answer this question.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Big Carrot
Banned

I meant that if the Fabspeed "quiet" system really isn't so quiet, who makes one that still makes great power, but actually muffles the sound?
Old 07-22-2005, 02:23 PM
johnyg
Instructor

Try the PSI version 2 from orton performance or AWE tuning's exhaust. These are the 2 I am considering. Your car is already fast. The exhausts will add power but not enough to justify a uncomfortable drone. I had a gibson exhaust on my 98 z71 pickup that sounded awsome at all speeds except high gear low rpm. This is where you cruise on the highway. In a six speed you can controll the rpms and that will allow you to controll the resonance but for me and my tip it is more of an issue. Both exhausts I mentioned should be very nice for what you are looking for. I also would trust CJV's opinion on the europipe stage 2 quiet. I costs more but seems like a good product.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by GreggT
meineke

George Foreman Special of $69.95
Old 07-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Woodster
Drifting

from all the previous threads on this topic and from what I have seen and heard, the
Europipe Stage 2 quiet should be at the top of your list to check out. I too am an old
"hot rodder" and even drove around in my z-28 camaro with open headers for awhile
(in high school), but I like quieter now. I just change my mufflers on my car (different
car, different exhaust system, different sound) to the new fabspeed maxflow 993tt mufflers
and am absolutely 100% satisfied with look, quality and sound!. I was not a fabspeed
believer prior to my putting these on. For your car alot of people like fabspeed, but
everyone's ears are different, I would check out the Europipe as well and how about
the "Kreissig" for $12k-$18k !!! LOL
mk
Old 07-22-2005, 06:37 PM
nash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The performance difference between most of the leading exhausts will only be a handful of HP (eg Brand A might gain 15HP, while Brand B gains 20HP), so you should buy based on sound and build quality. You'll never feel that 5HP difference, if you decide the Brand A sounds better. Your real power gains are in software upgrades, the exhaust is just for sound and to allow the increased flow that more aggressive programming requires. If you find your Fabspeed is too loud, you might consider the Europipe quiet as others have stated. Mine should be arriving next week.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Europipe Stage 2 Loud with modified X54 tips is the only exhaust worth having. All the rest are crap.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:15 PM
jags911tt
Instructor

I have decided to go with AWE

Jags
Old 07-25-2005, 08:06 AM
gunther1
Instructor

Fab = headache and drone. Plus the owner does not keep his word. Also look at the Remus exhaust not to many $ and sounds super. Brandywine has them for about $1800?
Old 07-25-2005, 10:30 AM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eurpipe = Creme de la creme...super sound...super service. If there's a better product, I'd like to know. End of story!

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Super Sport Maxflow