Sponsored by:

Question...Assistance Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 02:36 AM
solsavr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question...Assistance Please

The good news first...Well I had a great drive through the desert this past week...took it up to 150 after a little cat-n-mouse with a silver Vette, smooth as silk! The ride at that speed is really incredible! (Sunroof was even open...BUT LOUD! BTW...he gave up at about 135

Trouble with the desert is BUGS...lots of um!

When I got home I decided to give my babe a nice bath, had her nice and lathered then unfortunately, my son was mowing the lawn and I hear this loud "pop" I look at the car and the rear passenger window is shattered! I was able to protect the car with a little dectape and a towel before it bubbled and basically collapsed and dropped out (all over the outside and inside I might add)...but in hindsight, glad it didn't hit the car! I used the shopvac to get all the glass out of the stripping and car and finished washing her!!

My question...anything special I need to know about with the replacement ($500!!)? It looks like the window is only secured at 3 corners, and the window fits into the stripping. I also want factory glass, the $500 price tag is through the Dealer's recommendation. Is this too much (seems like it to me)

Anyway...Freak of nature, so I did not kill my Son!

Thanks in advance for the help
Old 07-18-2005, 01:16 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Bummer about the window (shouldn't mow the lawn and wash car at the same time...too much dust particles in the air). Have you tried searching:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?

good luck.

Quick Reply: Question...Assistance Please