Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone leave the world of Porsche for Ferrari- and regret it? Also, other Ferrari ?s

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 12:11 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes- I only drive my weekend car 2-3K miles a year, and that's why I want every drive in the car to be as much as an "event" as I can- I don't mind if the car isn't lexus (or porsche) reliable, although I don't like the potentially quite high service costs. Even more so than a Porsche, I'm told it's important to get a clean car with known history- and some miles on it so the kinks were worked out- in the case of the 355, potentially bad valve guides, and exhaust headers.

I guess I tend to budget everything (wouldn't want to throw any repairs on my credit card, thus the $1K/year slush fund for maint.), and while the 360 is an even more striking design, the 355 is the at the max I want to spend on the car (maybe $10-20K more even- winter prices, another years time or a better year end bonus can get that variance down).

I will say with the maintance I'm 90% sure I still want to go forward...but not 100%- it's going to take time anyway, so I can use that time to make sure this is what I want to do I guess- one side of the brain is definitely saying to go for it

Quick Reply: Anyone leave the world of Porsche for Ferrari- and regret it? Also, other Ferrari ?s