Sponsored by:

TT Gremlins and Quirks

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 02:40 AM
mmcmilla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT Gremlins and Quirks

A few strange things I've notice about my '04, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same questions/issues:

1. What's the deal with the remote key? Sometimes it works fine from a reasonable distance (say 40-50 feet). But other times, I just about have to climb on the hood before it locks or unlocks.

2. For the single inboard CD (not the CDC) player, sometimes when I start the car it restarts on the last song played when I previously turned the car off (which is what I think it should do), but other times, it restarts on Track 1 (which I don't think it should do).

3. Strange but true - today I get in my car and the dashboard and PCM clocks read 9:24 ... I'm running late to an appointment, so I keep peering down at the clock. It stays on 9:24 ... 5 minutes later, still 9:24 a.m. Porsche TT time ... 10 minutes later, it's still 9:24 Porsche time. Time was standing still, and I was not even approaching the speed of light. At my destination, I stop the car, remove the key, and then restart: still 9:24. When I come back two hours later, however, the time was correct. That happened to anyone?
Old 04-02-2005, 01:21 PM
ebaker
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might try a new battery on the key.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:50 AM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

1. There was a TSB on certain model years with the remoe sensor not working properly

2. I find that if its a CD you 'burned', many times it will just restart

3. My clock used to act crazy so I didnt bother...Had to adjust the time frequently as it was all whack
Old 04-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

1. I believe the key was designed to not operate at distance as a precautionary measure against accidental 'un-locks'
2. ?
3. Your car sounds like it's lonely. Thank god it isn't asking for a CGT!

Quick Reply: TT Gremlins and Quirks