Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT- Wholesale car buyer

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 11:57 AM
alboogie996
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wholesalers buy low and sell high, So why are looking to wholesale when reatail paids more?
Old 02-17-2005, 01:33 PM
ignacio
Burning Brakes

take your 91k and run--you won't get that much from a wholesaler
Old 02-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Well money is money, except on the internet. Just strikes me as odd that someone who tosses around 300k worth of cars or more is so up tight about 2 or 3 grand. On the one hand you’re expressing the fiscal responsibility that someone in a much lower income level would exercise when selling a car, yet on the other hand you seem to have no problem getting buried selling an 05 who’s price gets killed once it rolls off the lot. So money is money, except on the internet where anything can happen.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:07 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
Well money is money, except on the internet. Just strikes me as odd that someone who tosses around 300k worth of cars or more is so up tight about 2 or 3 grand. On the one hand you’re expressing the fiscal responsibility that someone in a much lower income level would exercise when selling a car, yet on the other hand you seem to have no problem getting buried selling an 05 who’s price gets killed once it rolls off the lot. So money is money, except on the internet where anything can happen.
Boy, this thread seems to have turned into class/car envy. That was not my intent. I was simply trying to get some info, but as you said "on the internet anything can happen".
Old 02-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Trader220
Race Car

I feel sorry for anyone who envys anything or anyone on the internet. How shallow a world must they live in? As someone else mentioned, wholesalers are in the business of buyinglow and selling higher. The market is what it is if you're trying to hit a bid, if you wanna sell closer to the offer you have to wait for a retial buyer.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:50 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel sorry for anyone who envys anything or anyone on the internet. How shallow a world must they live in? As someone else mentioned, wholesalers are in the business of buyinglow and selling higher. The market is what it is if you're trying to hit a bid, if you wanna sell closer to the offer you have to wait for a retial buyer.
Trader....Good point....!!

What does your girlfriend drive?
Old 02-19-2005, 12:06 AM
ignacio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TestnDoc
Boy, this thread seems to have turned into class/car envy. That was not my intent. I was simply trying to get some info, but as you said "on the internet anything can happen".
i don't know about class envy but i do know that the market for hi end used mercedes sucks, particularly those with lots of extra equipment like designo or amg models. finding a retail buyer for such a car is very difficult. auction prices will be very low because $100k buyers seldom buy used merc's, especially without an extended warranty.

like i said before, take your $91k and run i don't think you have any other reasonable options
Old 02-19-2005, 12:57 PM
paneraiwatches
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would'nt bank on your envy theory either.....2-3k on a 90k+ car is sh--!!
Sell it and move on
Old 02-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Trader220
Race Car

paner, exactly the point. somone who claims to have 300k or more in brand new cars would not be whining about 2 or 3 grand.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Curt911
Pro

paner, exactly the point. somone who claims to have 300k or more in brand new cars would not be whining about 2 or 3 grand.
Have you considered that maybe the reason he had the money to buy the cars is because he did care about the 2 or 3 grand? If he just dumped it for whatever he was first offered you'd prob bash him for being a rich a-hole that didn't deserve such a nice vehicle.

Sheesh
Old 02-19-2005, 04:08 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Curt, I understand your point and I never used the term "a-hole" I don’t think it’s appropriate to use it in this forum. Economies of scale tend to kick in at the level of car buying and selling we're talking about here. My point is on the internet anyone can tell yaa they own all the cars in the world, but quibbling over 2 or 3 k when you're really looking at 300k or more of cars is silly in my opinion. If you’ve made enough that you’re tossing 100k cars are girls it strikes me as odd that you’d whine over a couple of bucks. Not to mention if you’re that successful a business man your time would be worth more then dragging a car around to wholesalers or dealers trying to come up with 3 k more, don’t you think?
Old 02-19-2005, 04:27 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Curt, I understand your point and I never used the term "a-hole" I don’t think it’s appropriate to use it in this forum. Economies of scale tend to kick in at the level of car buying and selling we're talking about here. My point is on the internet anyone can tell yaa they own all the cars in the world, but quibbling over 2 or 3 k when you're really looking at 300k or more of cars is silly in my opinion. If you’ve made enough that you’re tossing 100k cars are girls it strikes me as odd that you’d whine over a couple of bucks. Not to mention if you’re that successful a business man your time would be worth more then dragging a car around to wholesalers or dealers trying to come up with 3 k more, don’t you think?
LOL..Trader, Im not sure you understand the wholesale car market. Some wholesalers low ball, just as retailers will high ball. I unloaded a CL600 before I got my TurboS cab, and the difference in the quotes from wholesalers was 17k!! You clearly dont believe I own these vehicles, which is fine. But dont be jealous of me, be jealous of this guy>> http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...threadid=22291

Old 02-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Although I am not in the car business per say, I do have several friends in the business, who mostly deal in Porsches and other highline cars. I’ve been to the dealer only auctions in Manheim PA many times as their guests, and I’ve bought and sold dozens of highline cars some for profit some for losses. Seventeen years as floor trader have served me well in the evaluations of markets in general so I actually do have a good handle on how things work, in particular the way people bid and offer into markets.

As I said before… I think it’s silly to be jealous over what anyone posts on the internet. Do people really believe that hot 19 year old with the big chest they’ve been chatting with is as she portraits herself?

Oh and in the future you can call me Billy, as in Bill Gates this is the internet right?
Old 02-19-2005, 04:58 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Although I am not in the car business per say, I do have several friends in the business, who mostly deal in Porsches and other highline cars. I’ve been to the dealer only auctions in Manheim PA many times as their guests, and I’ve bought and sold dozens of highline cars some for profit some for losses. Seventeen years as floor trader have served me well in the evaluations of markets in general so I actually do have a good handle on how things work, in particular the way people bid and offer into markets.

As I said before… I think it’s silly to be jealous over what anyone posts on the internet. Do people really believe that hot 19 year old with the big chest they’ve been chatting with is as she portraits herself?

Oh and in the future you can call me Billy, as in Bill Gates this is the internet right?
What is per say?? Oh, you meant per se. If your were a "floor trader" as you allege, you WOULD have a "handle on how things work". But hey, this is the internet!!! LOL
Old 02-19-2005, 05:10 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trader...this ain't YOUR car, this ain't YOUR money, this ain't YOUR business. Doc simply asked for info on wholesalers not your opinion. So if you have the info and are willing to share let him know. Otherwise shut up!

Quick Reply: OT- Wholesale car buyer