Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How To R&R The 3 Thin Dash Trim Strips?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 10:29 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Default How To R&R The 3 Thin Dash Trim Strips?

Has anyone removed the 3 thin dash trim strips that run along the middle of the dash? How do you access the screws?
Old 12-05-2004, 10:58 PM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine is replacing his trim strips now. I saw one of them. It was the smaller piece on the driver's side. It had two small holes in the back and one pin. We discussed that it snaps in using the three pins and that to take it out without removing the dash would probably require the breaking of the pins. When I say pin, I mean a piece that has a split or gap in it's center with "ears" on the edge that sort of snaps into place when it is inserted into the hole and expands in the rear of the hole. The holes in the back of the strip probably receive similar pins. We discussed that if you slid a small hook like divice above and below the strip you might be able to spin the hook and pull it away from the dash and have the strip unsnap. More than likely, the pins will break and you will have to glue the strip in place. Either way, it will look nicer with the new strip in, right?

Now I know you asked for someone who had actually removed the strips and I am just someone that has talked about it. So....I guess you might want to check all of this, but I do believe I am telling you how it works.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: How To R&R The 3 Thin Dash Trim Strips?