Hello fellow enthusiasts?

I recently got my turbo s, and would like to know if anyone out
there has used Zaino Products? if so, any comments.. Sure would
appreciate it...
Old 11-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

You can find a great deal of info under Concours & Car Care.
Like everything else opinions run the full spectrum. I bought a kit from Zaino after reading some positive posts and I could not be happier. I'm no professional detailer but the results I had were fantastic.
There product line was a little confusing at first and it does require multiple coats but my vehicles do look great.
I would recommend the Ziano product line.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:04 AM
FineProperty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What color is your car? Red's and blacks look amazing...my old dark green car looked like you could put your hand in a pool of wet paint.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:45 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zaino lasts really long (6-10 mo) but doesn't shine as much as organic glaze or wax. It's a good protectant again sun and water. It doesn't hide scratches or swirls well. Go for Zaino for lighter cars.

However, if you are looking for a really deep shine on a darker car, you may have to go for a conventional wax or glaze. Wax and glaze only lasts a few weeks though.

I think Zaino is the best out there bc I am primarily looking to protect the paint.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:59 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

My 996 TT is Seal grey and my Cayenne was black - traded in for Titanium. The Zaino worked really well on the clear coat scratches on the black Cayenne. That was why I bought the product. I was having a hard time with the black and clear coat scratches. It looked 100% better after I used Zaino.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:26 PM
NC Bob
Instructor

I really like Zaino. Drawback is multiple coats. However, I use the Portercable and the application only takes minutes. Wipe off is easy. Really makes metallic paints pop!
Old 11-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm sold on the stuff, I tried most regular waxes. And the Z6 detailing spray works great, I've never had success with other spray on detailers, this works great.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:46 PM
mb97tts
Racer

I use it on my TT-S and am very happy with the results...
Old 11-27-2004, 05:08 AM
Charlie944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Zaino with activator for 2 years now since I had my 84' repainted and I love it! I due a 3-coat application twice a year, and for 3 coats I only use 1/8oz! The thinner it goes on the better. I do all hand applications and wipe-offs and it takes me 3-4 hours to do all 3 coats with dry time varying on humidity. You can even polish in the sun for added dry time. Check this place out: http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/index.html. Great info, excellent array of prodcuts and reasonable prices.

I use their "concours buffing towel" and it rocks!! No scratching either. I have had great results with Zaino show car wash and Z-6 detailing spray too. Once I run out of Zaino I would like to try Klasse All-in-one Acrylic polish and P21S wax over top. Beware though that many polymer type synthetic waxes( Zaino, etc) are to be used alone and are not compatible with waxes. The Klasse being a Acrylic resin is different though. The latter combo and will work wonders on darker cars. Be sure you use a good microfiber application pad, and good wool or microfiber wash mit when washing as well to eliminate scratches.

Enjoy that car!!

Quick Reply: Zaino Products