Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X50 pics very bright

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Duane in Miami
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the carbon, would of been a great combo with the red. Hey that took some big *****.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:16 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wonder how the dealer processed it. if the buyer walked away after delivery, and refused to take delivery, the dealer would be stuck with a real tough car to sell. what i am asking is, what percent of the sales price did the dealer want as a deposit? was it refundable?
Old 08-04-2004, 02:19 AM
Lapis911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like Ronald McDonald bought a car .
Old 08-04-2004, 03:16 AM
drafting
Instructor

Originally Posted by DonneyJ
Remember any item like the speed yellow or guards red can be resprayed for a few bucks in any colour so if I was having problems reselling it would be ok........the red leather looks good especially the roof lining.

DonnyJ

Some of you dudes are being pretty cruel here . The great thing about P-cars in that you can buy whatever flavor turns you on. Fortunately there are other colors out there besides black, black, black and arctic silver. If you're buying one of these fantastic rides for the guy/gal that you sell it to, then where's the passion in that?

Donney, I personally like the GR leather interior and the SY gauge faces. The center consoles in SY is a bit over the top for me (would be nice in black to match your body panels), but it really does contrast w/ the surrounding GR (precisely why I went w/ GR painted items in my NG leather interior, to provide some definition of the cabin). Everytime that I see a completely black P-car (and if there is such a thing as a "typical" Porsche color scheme, that's it), particularly turbos, I feel that there is a huge loss in visibility/definition of the design features to the point of blurring the car's essence.

This is the first time that I've seen the GR leather. Had they done this before, or were you a pathfinder? Like you said, if in time you find that the stark GR/SY contrast is too much for you, a relatively simple respray of selected components will do the trick. Regarding mods, somebody (maybe Gemballa?) makes both red hued and yellow hued 996 carbon fibre components, which is another option to tie the black of the body panels and carpets into the rest of the color scheme.

Enjoy your new car, and keep it on the right (errrrr, I mean left) side of the road!

PS - can you get a road tax disk in a color to match your car?

Jeff
Old 08-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Lapis911
Intermediate

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...threadid=13849
Old 08-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW! I am impressed by such high levels of maturity you guys exhibited. Now, you got Donney to delete his posts and possibly quit posting. Poor guy was just showing off his pride and joy. Probably had to work very hard for it. Nice going on the other board too. I guess money doesn't buy maturity. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Last930
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would never want to jump into that car with a bad hangover....
Old 08-05-2004, 02:35 PM
drafting
Instructor

Originally Posted by Last930
I would never want to jump into that car with a bad hangover....
More comraderie-laden words of wisdom from one of the congenial folks in the "Just don't get the message Brigade".
Old 08-05-2004, 04:17 PM
DonneyJ
Instructor

Never do things by Halves

DonnyJ
Old 08-05-2004, 04:29 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

I got'ta say.....

First - it would be a pretty boring world if:
- We all liked the same cars;
- in the same colors;
- with the same interiors;
- with the same upgrades;
- etc....

I don't believe Donney stated you had to like it, just because it's his choice. If it's not your "choice" - I'm certain that's just fine with him. But instead of ridiculing someone about their taste...

Aww - nevermind - if I have to explain it - you won't understand.

Donney - I'd like to see some more pics of the rest of the car. And don't worry - I added RS Splitters, TurboS ducts and filled the bumperette holes on my car. I'm not sure that everyone likes that look either - but you know what? It's "my" 993. I'm pretty sure your car is "yours" as well...

Best to ya'...

John
Old 08-05-2004, 04:37 PM
raidentech.com
Instructor

Hey guys! I will take that car anyday. It's still a turbo!!!
Old 08-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Het DonnyJ - my first impressions were negative. But who the hell am I to judge you're likes / dislikes. If you've got the ***** (and cash) to order a car that flamboyant, all the power to you!

Mike
Old 08-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

I like it. If you have more pictures, please post them.

That said Donny you must realize that, contrary to the best intentions of the moderators, many people do not communicate in a forum as politely as they speak in person. Please just ignore them and talk with the rest of us.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:39 PM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Donny - I happen to like the color combo. There are lots of P-cars with red interiors. Enjoy your marvelous X50! Pls post more pics when you have it.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:41 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Score one for individuality. I personally try to do everything I think I really want to try. It's a satisfying way to live but puts you out in front of a lot of arrows that tend to hit you in the back. Donney, good job on doing what you want . You are the only one who needs to be happy. Personally, I'm glad to see guys who want something different
This forum was extraordinarily complimentary to a poster who performed extreme modifications to the point that it seemed the car had more dyno miles than road miles. With everything done to that car, I'm not sure who would want to own it, much less utilize the mods which seemed to triple or quadruple the cost of the car. Yet no one questioned or criticized that project. It was one person's individual quest, with a unique purpose (fastest to 180mph I believe). People who follow their own instincts and desires make the board more interesting and should be welcomed. AS

Quick Reply: X50 pics very bright