Sponsored by:

Where Has Everybody Gone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004 | 04:09 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Alexander...

No need for me to attempt to enlighten you about this topic, as I think you've done a fine job yourself supporting my original opinion.

I had no complaints about the previous format, and sometimes feel that the pursuit of perfection can undermine of the success of something that is good enough

Jeesh...it's a good thing the engineers of the Porsche you are driving didn't subscribe to this thought process huh ? Because if they did, you'd be driving something all together different.

The pursuit for perfection comes with a cost....regardless if it is membership dues for,IMHO, the best Porsche Board available....or... a $100k price tag for one of the best sports cars on earth !!

but errently allowed my membership to lapse and then noted no difference in the services available to me.

Hhhmmm...ok...so what you once found value in paying for and benefited from.. no longer needed to be paid for because you discovered you could get the same services/benefits for free ?? Interesting....

But if the forum has adequate other support, aren't those supporters happy to see enthusiastic participation by all interested parties?

Sure we are.....but...do you not consider yourself an interested party ? Or at least an enthusiastic participator ? You just don't feel the need to be a supporter because OTHERS are willing to do it for your benefit ?? I understand completely.

As a measure of good will Alex...please allow me to send Viken/John D. the $18 membership cost for you. You're an ADDICT just like the rest of us and you deserve to be a proud card-carrying Member !!!
Old 07-28-2004 | 04:42 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911TurboFever
And who are you to judge? Do you personally follow each and every driver on 6speed and observe his/her driving?

What a fool.
No fool here .....I wouldn't dare try to follow one of them. My C4S is slower than molasses... and besides....I don't have a dark enough pair of sunglasses to protect me from all the bling bling and $$ca-ching pouring out from their rides.

Old 07-28-2004 | 05:58 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

It seems to me that traffic is down on all the boards. Vacation, good weather, driving events - we all have other things to do. Six Speed is no different. One thing that spikes traffic is controversy and there haven't been too many flaming contests (I'm being polite here) lately. I was watching the OT forum and it too has gotten more civilized since John made it a "Members Only" forum. The whacko's have all moved to the Off Topic Forum on Pelican where they are annoying the heck out of the "locals".

Lastly it seems that Rennlist is populated with more technical people, less about "hey look at my expensive cosmetic acessory" and more about "how do I make my brakes better."

That's not a bad thing in my book. I do miss a few of the guys who were banned though - when they were not flaming they were and are very funny.

Best,
Old 07-28-2004 | 08:47 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

That's the best you've got ??

Ya know..they say imitation is the best form of flattery.

Thanks pal.
Old 07-28-2004 | 10:31 PM
jax911TT
Advanced

John D.

Thanks for the X-Large Font tip. I have been cussing the upgrade for the past week. I have a 21 inch monitor and don't normally have a problem with font sizes or appearance but the new design disagrees with my taste. If you can chage the default font to large I think users would find it useful. Thanks for listening.

jax911tt
Old 07-28-2004 | 11:50 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

911TurboFever....

I'm just delighted you're a member.

Time for me to head back over to where the AIR is a little easier to breathe on the 993 forum and let you High Pressure folks sort this out amongst yourselves.

Nice chattin' with ya.
Old 07-29-2004 | 02:05 AM
drafting
Instructor

Moron, first you say those on 6 speed are all show and no go. Then I ask why you would think so. Your REPLY...I'm no fool.

Did you answer my question?

Answer: No.
Your Reply: My car is slow as molasses.

You already proved my point: you're an idiot.

Now girls, can't we all just get along?
Old 07-29-2004 | 05:59 PM
sawmilldriver
Instructor

Originally Posted by kdurg
Hi Alexander...

No need for me to attempt to enlighten you about this topic, as I think you've done a fine job yourself supporting my original opinion.

I had no complaints about the previous format, and sometimes feel that the pursuit of perfection can undermine of the success of something that is good enough

Jeesh...it's a good thing the engineers of the Porsche you are driving didn't subscribe to this thought process huh ? Because if they did, you'd be driving something all together different.

The pursuit for perfection comes with a cost....regardless if it is membership dues for,IMHO, the best Porsche Board available....or... a $100k price tag for one of the best sports cars on earth !!

but errently allowed my membership to lapse and then noted no difference in the services available to me.

Hhhmmm...ok...so what you once found value in paying for and benefited from.. no longer needed to be paid for because you discovered you could get the same services/benefits for free ?? Interesting....

But if the forum has adequate other support, aren't those supporters happy to see enthusiastic participation by all interested parties?

Sure we are.....but...do you not consider yourself an interested party ? Or at least an enthusiastic participator ? You just don't feel the need to be a supporter because OTHERS are willing to do it for your benefit ?? I understand completely.

As a measure of good will Alex...please allow me to send Viken/John D. the $18 membership cost for you. You're an ADDICT just like the rest of us and you deserve to be a proud card-carrying Member !!!

Keith, you really come across as one obnoxious and unpleasant person. Congratulations.
Old 07-29-2004 | 08:56 PM
Agro1
Banned

LOL !! **** Keith, you obnoxious, unpleasant fool, how dare you ?!?! You better keep to the 993 board and let these uptight water pumper's enjoy their nice pleasant board - wouldn't want to cause any waves over here
Actually, now that I think about it, those dudes were making completely unprovoked personal attacks - maybe they need to check out the TOS, or maybe not - I kind of like it...But hell, if you're obnoxious, what would that make me ??? Guess I need to hang out here a bit more, that should make it a bit more interesting
Old 07-29-2004 | 09:18 PM
Agro1
Banned

911TurboFever - I like this sandbox, can I play for a while ?? You clearly are one of the posers Keith was referring to on 6-speed, otherwise you wouldn't get your feathers so ruffled. Lemme guess, you have an interior full of carbon fibre, leather wrapped ***** and chrome wheels - am I right ? Since you clearly didn't agree with Keith, then one can only assume the contrary, you are in the group Keith mentioned - all show, no go and no *****. Which is it tuffguy ?
Old 07-29-2004 | 10:15 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

911TurboFever....

You asked me if I followed the drivers on 6speed to observe their driving as support for my opinion.

I did answer you....twofold. 1- I told you NO..I do not follow them as I know my C4S isn't going to catch a 996TT (I even poked fun at myself calling my car slow as molasses) 2- Additionally, I said I couldn't follow them because I'd be blinded by all the bling bling and money pouring out from their cars. Alot of those guys have more money and time than they know what to do with. It doesn't make them better drivers....spendthrifts maybe.

Apparently, you don't have the insight OR the reading comprehension skills to extrapolate the sarcasm and satire behind my posts.

All I've heard out of your mouth is being called .....an idiot, a moron and a fool.

I suggest you take something for that TURBO Fever you've got. I'd hate to see you overheat and have all that coolant spewing over yourself !!!

AGRO1....

Yeah...I sure did get caught up in one heck of "WWHHOOOOOOSSSSH" wave here huh ?? Lot's of boost to boot !!!
Welcome to the sand box man....
Old 07-29-2004 | 10:43 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

A fool, an idiot, a moron....and a homo ??

You give the slippery slope a new meaning TurboFever !!

Sorry to say, I've never met Agro1 either.....and am only a sidekick to my two sons.

Although, I've got a place in Naples hot stuff and would love to make a run over Alligator Alley and check out that GT3 you keep in the garge, under a cover, with the fans on, just for track days !!! Please.
Old 07-29-2004 | 10:47 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

i think that i answered my own question. i asked where has everyone gone, and what ensues-a fight. if you disagree with someone's point of view, the productive thing to do would be to refute their point. personally attacking them, in my opinion, is non productive and will contribute to the lack of traffic on this board. in the period of time that i have been watching/talking on this board, i have learned a considerable amount about my cars. there are people here that have a true level of expertise concerning various aspects of their porches. if these pissing wars continue between people, the traffic will continue to decrease. just a suggestion-attack the point, not the person.
Old 07-29-2004 | 11:04 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Doc...

Take a look at the number of views on this thread. It's the 3rd most reviewed post in 11 days. I'd say your question brought more activity and traffic than you are giving it credit for !!!

By the way...do you think you could prescribe TurboFever boy something to help him with his anger management and HOMOPHOBIA !!!!!
Old 07-29-2004 | 11:08 PM
Agro1
Banned

Keith's sidekick, I assume you are his lover?
Assumptions, generalizations and personal attacks. Sounds to me like the making of a true moron. But then again, who knows, maybe I am gay...Living in Miami I'm sure you've seen plenty of gay guys that could break you in half...maybe that's the reason for your bigotry
Or, maybe you're just another one of the countless room temperature IQ dip****s that thinks he's a racer cause he "tracks" his overblown Turbo. A car that, with your limited/feeble skill, will never see it's limit(s) unless you're sitting in the passenger seat at a DE...I doubt you even have a GT-3. Post a picture, prove me wrong...
Oh yeah, one other thing - you use the word "perhaps" a bit too often - a true sign of a limited vocabulary possessed by a true charlatan. And if I'm the one that takes this board a little too seriously, then why are you the one that lashed out at Keith and called him a fool in the hope of preserving your poser status on 6-speed ?

Quick Reply: Where Has Everybody Gone?