Sponsored by:

RejeX Group Buy Discount!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 01:34 AM
steve c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I would mention I ran into another P-car owner this weekend and mentioned this thread, his reaction was interesting -- apperantly this same guy has been spamming the hell out of other boards with his "discounted price" and similar baseless claims.

Hey -- my claims are baseless too, but then I am a P car owner and enthusiast passing on personal experience and opinion.

I'm not too happy having to read informercials on what is supposed to be an enthusiasts board -- a point that is made more obvious by the above kick-backs, but hey whatever I don't have to read it in the first place I guess.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:52 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Here is my 64,000 mile, 9 year-old Porsche with but a single coat of RejeX. The next day I added a second coat, and it looked even better. Will it last? That would be nice, but as easy as this stuff is to apply, I don't really care. Oh, I'm an ex-Zaino advocate.
Attached Images   
Old 08-05-2004, 03:05 AM
x-autoproducts
Racer

ca993twins

WOW!
awesome, awesome, awesome.
thanks for posting the pics, especially the 2nd shot.
very impressive.

barry
Old 08-06-2004, 04:43 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

a product I still need to try, I had a free sample comming but it never came through. From the pictures i've seen Zaino and Rejex give a very similiar shine, but I think it's a shine that should be left for light colored cars. Every black and similiar dark colors seem to get lost in the reflectivity of both products and you almost can't tell what color the car is. This is something some people like and some don't (wax's are very opinionated) I'm currently using NXT on dark cars, I'm gonna be doing an NXT/Zaino comparison soon. If someone wants to throw me a sample of rejex I'll throw it in the comparsion also.

The only thing I haven't liked about NXT is that I'm only getting 4-6 weeks out of it. But the 2 cars I currently have it on are outside all the time and ablock from the ocean so that may be part of it.

Yesterday I spent 7 hours over at meguiars doing my suburban w/ them. Went through #83 to #80 followed up w/ 2 coats of NXT. I'm by no means an advertisement for Meguiars as I like to try anything and everything and switch around every once in awhile. I like NXT right now because it deepens the paint like nothing i've used before. And the ease of use is unreal. I'm gonna top a black car w/ p21s this weekend over NXT. I'll post results.

Here is a sample of my work from yesterday, suprisingly the car was in horrible shape as it's been sitting in and out of shops for the last 2 years. You should of seen the crap the clay bar picked up.

this is after applying the #80, I'll get the after NXT shots up later

here is after it all but it's just the hood. I call it "Flame N Smoke"

Old 08-07-2004, 11:26 AM
AndyW
Instructor

Soon2b993TT : what's your opinion about shine versus non-shine between light versus dark colored cars ? I'm interested in your perspective on this ? I've had both (have both) and would like to hear you ideas on different approaches because of different colored (dark versus light) cars.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 08-08-2004, 02:14 AM
steve c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Darker cars are more likely to haze if you use too much synthetic wax and/or improperly apply the wax.

I had a hell of a time with a black S4 and Zaino because the first two steps were improperly applied.

Pure carnuba waxes are not an issue with darker cars -- but you spend a lot more time in the application process, are limited as to when you can apply the wax and have to follow up on a more frequent basis.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:06 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by steve c
.....Hey -- my claims are baseless too, but then I am a P car owner and enthusiast passing on personal experience and opinion......
Sorry Steve - but - you are not going to like this post.. See - Jen and I have 3 p'cars, and I put my money where my mouth is - and bought Rejex...

I started with the '68 911L - It's Guards Red, which has some "age" showing. It's been Zaino'ed - Zymoled - ultra shined - Hennesseyed - well - you name it, it's been done. About 6 months ago - someone sent some "hand applied wax" that Jen spent the day rubbing in - as it was "great". That "shine" lasted about a day.

So - in frustration - we applied Rejex today.....

Jen renamed the color of the car to "Lick Me Red". Yea - the shine is that good and that deep.

So - next up was her 964 C4 in Midnight Blue. We cut through the Zaino crud we applied last month with dish detergent (which didn't take much, as that shine was gone. She drives that car every day..?) And, we applied Rejex.... Jen's comments were running something like "Oh My..!!! - my baby looks like it just left the factory...". Zaino - nor any "wax", never did that before. And she's terribly "objective" - and just cares about her "baby" (her 964)....

That shine is better then Zaino when we first applied it. The trick, on the darker cars - is to apply in small sections, and then buff the heck out of it. It takes a bit of work - but unlike wax products - you aren't taking a Q-Tip trying to clean white haze out of the letters, sides of the mirrors, rubber moulding, etc....

Next up - I'll do my 993 C4 (it's white).... I have a bit of a "track torture test" designed for Rejex for that one, so I'll let you know what I find after the next track session......

Again - just like most - Jen and I are enthusiasts. Now - after posting this - I think I'll go to the garage and just stare. Where did I leave my sunglasses??

And oh - now I understand WHY folks post after they apply Rejex the first time.... DAMN - it looks GOOD....!!!!!
Old 08-08-2004, 11:56 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

soon2be993TT

call me at 800-559-1192 to discuss your RejeX needs.

AndyW

the only issue you'll have with RejeX on dark paint will come from not wiping (removing) it well enough. i suggest going around the car twice when removing it, then letting it cure, then once more around it, using a soft clean towel each time.
the only haze i've ever heard of with RejeX came when someone applied it immediately over another synthetic polymer. Rejex too is a synthetic polymer, and since it needs to cure, things are going on at a molecular level which involve it and whatever is between it and the paint. in this case, the curing process was probably picking up some of the other polymer and the two were commingling at their boundary layer, causing the two to create a haze. the good news from this particular episode was it went away on its own by the time the curing process was over.
other than this, i have no feedback from users that RejeX is hazing on ANY color of car.

John D.

thank you very much for the kind words about RejeX. it really does work fantastically well. so well that people continue to post pictures of their newly RejeX'd cars.
it goes on easy, it comes off easy, it's one product for 90% of the exterior of your car, it shines like a 1000 watt halogen, plus it protects your paint from contaminants because it's so darn slippery that virtuallly nothing sticks.
i look forward to hearing how well you like it on your white car, and how the track test turns out.
please keep us all informed,
thanks again,

i appreciate everyone's responses and for posting pictures of your RejeX'd cars.
as always, if anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to call.

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com
Old 08-09-2004, 10:39 AM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AndyW
Soon2b993TT : what's your opinion about shine versus non-shine between light versus dark colored cars ? I'm interested in your perspective on this ? I've had both (have both) and would like to hear you ideas on different approaches because of different colored (dark versus light) cars.

Thanks,

Andy

I like depth on dark cars, I usually use something like S100/p21s or right now i'm using A LOT of NXT on dark cars. It really deepens the paint and makes it lively, it's amazing the flake it brings out in paint jobs w/ flake in it. I don't like zaino and that look on dark because the paint job gets lost in the reflection. I'm not saying I won't use it or recommend it that's just not the look I like to achieve. I think that look is awesome on whites and silvers though.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:40 AM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

x-autoproducts,

I sent you an email, it'd be labled from Scott Tomkins
Old 08-20-2004, 09:41 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

any of you guys not received yours? It's been 10 days for me
Old 08-21-2004, 12:52 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

soon2be993TT

we did get a ship comfirm from the usps, but i may have typo'd the address.
just sent you an email to confirm the right number.
sorry for any delay. we can get another order to you asap.
barry
X-Auto Products
Old 08-23-2004, 03:08 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Barry,

I need Rejex but can't get it here and shipping charges are $62.- from the Rejex website!!!!!

Ciao,

Johannes E.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:27 PM
cjaz
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Barry,
i called the number you list here, left two messages with my phone number specifically stating that i wanted to order rejex and I couldn't even get a call back. any idea how that could happen? it was quite a turn off to me since it has been at least two weeks since i called. thanks

chris
Old 08-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Darren911
Racer

Why not buy it from a Rejex ? Go to the source - I say

http://www.rejexusa.com/

Quick Reply: RejeX Group Buy Discount!!!