Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PS4S wear rates

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2024 | 09:28 PM
mrdstr
Instructor

Default PS4S wear rates

Had the brake indicator light trip. Decided to pop wheels and see where I was with pads. In the process, discovered the rear tires starting to cord, despite most of the tire, including the inner tread block not being that worn. Tires have 8k miles on them and car was aligned with tires to GT2 specs. We have a 991 that showed the same problem (tire up to the inner tread block well above wear bars, but cords showing on the very edge). Car is lowered with H&R/B8, which I am looking to change soon, and has adjustable rear toe links to get the rear in spec. Is this just the trade off for the 4S tire, or is there a dynamic alignment issue I need to resolve on both cars?
Old 10-06-2024 | 10:42 AM
vtec_
Burning Brakes

This is an alignment issue. Im having the same issue with my PS4s.

I had my car re-aligned with new coilovers and the rear camber is way negative and didnt install the toe links like I should have.

Luckily I replaced one before my last trip but on the way home the other one started to chord on the inside. The car handles great but I don't track it so im going to install the toe links and get it re-aligned.
Old 10-06-2024 | 02:12 PM
mrdstr
Instructor

Ok. Can look at adjusting when I install the new gt3 control arms and thrust arms. Currently at -2.6 degrees camber and .17 degree toe. I am guessing I would need adjustable upper control arms as well to reduce camber?
Old 10-06-2024 | 09:23 PM
theprf
Race Car

I think 8000 miles on a PS4S is about average.
The GT lower control arms will allow any camber you might like, though you might still need adjustable toe arms.
Old 10-06-2024 | 09:37 PM
vtec_
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrdstr
Ok. Can look at adjusting when I install the new gt3 control arms and thrust arms. Currently at -2.6 degrees camber and .17 degree toe. I am guessing I would need adjustable upper control arms as well to reduce camber?
I was told by my shop that I'd need them but others on here suggested that the toe arms would make it so I could get the camber in check. im running the same camber as you but my rear ride height is set about half inch lower than stock, so its not really x73 but close to it. It's slightly higher in the rear

Quick Reply: PS4S wear rates