Sponsored by:

Looking for a drive in a 996 4S / Turbo in California

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 10:45 PM
haveporschecando
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Looking for a drive in a 996 4S / Turbo in California

Looking for a drive in a 996 4S / Turbo in California / vicinity.

I've had two 1999 996s and looking to upgrade for my next 996. If anyone has a 996 4S or Turbo in California (~ Santa Barbara, LA, San Diego, Sacramento) and are willing to take me for a spirited drive I'd really appreciate it. It would help me get a good idea for what I'm looking to be getting myself into, thanks!

Also, of course, if anyone has a nice one to sell I'm all ears. Preference to a black X50 option (or track ready / willing) and lots of records. I've been watching BAT and Craigslist for a while now and still pursuing. Garage queen not necessary.

The image attached show what I'll likely be doing with it, thanks!

#haveporschecando

Old 11-15-2023, 12:18 AM
TrillyPop
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

I'm in Reno, NV. You're more than welcome to come drive mine. It's modded and used primarily for mountain rallies and a few times per year as a track car. I've been thinking recently about switching to a different platform for these uses, so if you like it you could maybe even buy it!
Old 11-15-2023, 01:10 AM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 162 Likes on 115 Posts

I am in Grass Valley area and will be back in town 12/2 for about a week. I have a tastefully upgraded X50 and we could go for a spin.
Old 11-15-2023, 03:57 PM
haveporschecando
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TrillyPop
I'm in Reno, NV. You're more than welcome to come drive mine. It's modded and used primarily for mountain rallies and a few times per year as a track car. I've been thinking recently about switching to a different platform for these uses, so if you like it you could maybe even buy it!
Sounds great, thank you! I may pass through Reno as I drive with my parents from Mammoth to Sacramento ~ the 26th of this month!
Old 11-15-2023, 03:59 PM
haveporschecando
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Third-Reef
I am in Grass Valley area and will be back in town 12/2 for about a week. I have a tastefully upgraded X50 and we could go for a spin.
Awesome! Thank you! I sent you a PM!
Old 11-16-2023, 02:55 AM
Ahdga
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by haveporschecando
Looking for a drive in a 996 4S / Turbo in California / vicinity.

I've had two 1999 996s and looking to upgrade for my next 996. If anyone has a 996 4S or Turbo in California (~ Santa Barbara, LA, San Diego, Sacramento) and are willing to take me for a spirited drive I'd really appreciate it. It would help me get a good idea for what I'm looking to be getting myself into, thanks!

Also, of course, if anyone has a nice one to sell I'm all ears. Preference to a black X50 option (or track ready / willing) and lots of records. I've been watching BAT and Craigslist for a while now and still pursuing. Garage queen not necessary.

The image attached show what I'll likely be doing with it, thanks!

#haveporschecando

that need some clean up
Old 11-17-2023, 02:01 AM
TrillyPop
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by haveporschecando
Sounds great, thank you! I may pass through Reno as I drive with my parents from Mammoth to Sacramento ~ the 26th of this month!
I'll be around, let me know. Weather (mostly temps) may play a factor on how wild of a drive we can do.

Quick Reply: Looking for a drive in a 996 4S / Turbo in California