Rennsport Reunion Impressions and Photos

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 07:32 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rennsport Reunion Impressions and Photos

Hi Everyone,
Just returned from Daytona where the FVD gang and I attended the 2nd Rennsport Reunion. I don't know if I hyped it up too much or what, but I was not impressed at all with the event. There were not 1,000 Porsches as said to be, more like 500 MAX (still pretty good, but not 1,000). Also there really weren't any events or activities so it was really just a bunch of walking around. The only cool event was the day I didn't go (Friday) where they let people on the track for 2-3 controled laps. Well we didn't let the event get us down, the crew decided to stay in Universal Studios, Orlando at a really nice hotel and had some "fun" Sat. night
Anyways here are some pictures and a link at the bottom to over 100 pics (be paitient)....

100+ Photos from Rennsport

PS-The toilet papered car was a joke, it was not vandalized
Old 04-25-2004, 07:48 PM
CAPTLST
Instructor

Great pics Evan
Old 04-26-2004, 07:31 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

Frankly if one is deep into the history of Porsche racing the cars were of great interest. But even more interesting to me was the ability to speak with the great engineers of Porsche racing including Hans Mezger, Valentin Schaffer, Norbert Singer and Alwin Springer who, together, are responsible for more great cars and victories than any other group of people of whom I know.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

For those into the historic aspect, there was a lot to see. For others that are not so much into the history, there was less to see. Our group all felt that there could have been more there as far as concessions, merchandising, and dislpays. Either way, I had a great time there hanging with the gang and taking in the sites.

911's as far as you can see...

More pix to follow as soon as I get around to shrinking them down and uploading them to my host.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Ian964
Pro

I went on Sunday. It was nice to see and i'm glad I went but you really only needed 2 hours to see everything, not 3 days!

I bought my 91 C2T and someone with a black 3.6T parked 3 cars down from me. I tried to talk to him about his car and he was a total jackass.

Me: "Is that your 964 Turbo"
Him : "Its a 965"

And he walked away.

A lot of people were not very friendly even my girl friend though a lot of people were just rude. Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth about the porsche community.

My digital camera got stolen the day before we left. So i took my old one and only took like 5 pictures.

Old 04-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Ian964
I bought my 91 C2T and someone with a black 3.6T parked 3 cars down from me. I tried to talk to him about his car and he was a total jackass.

Me: "Is that your 964 Turbo"
Him : "Its a 965"

And he walked away.

A lot of people were not very friendly even my girl friend though a lot of people were just rude. Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth about the porsche community.
Sorry to hear about that. I have gotten that treatment from Ferrari owners before and it certainly did not leave a nice taste in my mouth either. There are all types out there, sounds like you may have run into a bad one.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:57 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Robert,
I agree with your statement, I just felt it should have been more appealing to both modern and classic owners. While I do enjoy the classic Porsche's I would have liked to see more modern cars. Not a disaster just not my type of event I guess....
Old 04-26-2004, 08:07 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You see new Porsche's every other second...its the older racecars that are rare and deserved the attention IMO.

I was at hershey that weekend, though.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:06 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Some more pix from Rennsport...

Quick Reply: Rennsport Reunion Impressions and Photos