Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 11:30 PM
DrJekyll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Spacers

Hi all,

I'm new to this community, having just purchased my first Porsche (a somewhat rough 996 turbo). The previous owner made some questionable decisions regarding the asthetics of the car (though it seems to be more-or-less mechanically sound). One of those questionable decisions was the "blingy" 19in wheels. I want to revert to 18s. I've found some 18in wheels that will require a 20-25mm spacer. I've used spacers in the past with wheels with mixed results. I run 5-10mm spaces with my winter wheels on a very heavy BMW 7 series with no issue. And I've run 20mm spacers on my light Evo X with aggressive tires on track days and ended up stretching the wheel studs. The turbo is going to be a weekend and track-day car so I want to be sure that it's properly sorted. Is 20mm too much for this car if I run PS4S or Cup2s?

Cheers all!
Old 10-18-2021, 12:17 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 1,428 Likes on 784 Posts

Spacers are pretty common on these cars and lots of people run them. Personally, I think finding wheels that actually fit the car is a better use of your money than a set of heavy spacers.

Quick Reply: Spacers