Sponsored by:

Replacing TT drivers Seat - DIY

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Replacing TT drivers Seat - DIY

Anybody happen to have a step by step guide ? Did it on my 996 that was relatively easy with manual seat adjustment ?
Old 03-31-2004, 02:47 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 53 Posts

If you've done it on a 996 with manual seats, the process is not materially different with the TT's power seats. The seats just way a lot more because of the power seat motors.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:44 PM
SilverBlue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently replaced the standard seats with sport seats. The job is straightforward if you have the tools already.

A couple of tricky things which came up (for me):

1. There is a large black rectangular electrical connector. Yanking on it won't loosen it - simply take a small screwdriver and on one side is a sliding lock which opens up easily, releasing the connector.

If you need to release the wires from the connector (in case the car's and your new seat's aren't the same), you'll need extraction tools, available from www.sirtools.com .

I managed to nick one of my armrests while taking out the seat - the rail must have caught it. Next time I'd put an insulating pad over the door to protect it.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:34 AM
KPV
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure the key is out when you do this. Otherwise, you may see an airbag light on your dash.

Quick Reply: Replacing TT drivers Seat - DIY