Porsche 996 2002 Radio(PSM) Issue/ Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 08:06 PM
996Turbos__
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche 996 2002 Radio(PSM) Issue/ Replacement

Hi Guys,
Been using this forum for a while but this is my first post. I have a 996 turbo s with the Bose speaker addition. I have managed to get the PCM working (and the car) after it being off the road for 3 years. The navigation system works fine after I finally managed to get the radio code after it had been lost it. Anyway, the radio doesn't seem to be working. When I click the button to autotune it does nothing. I have tried most things and looked quite excessively on forums but no one seems to have an answer yet. I have tried to take the radio out but cannot seem to get it out of the housing even after watching a few videos. Would anyone be able to let me know if they have any knowledge on the matter.

If not I would be looking to replace the radio, however, I know this may also be an issue due to the amplifiers as part of the bose system. If anyone could recommend me a radio that has worked for them or a kit that would make the process easier I would be grateful. I know there is possibly a conversion kit from America but didn't want to risk the customs charge unless I have to.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 03-12-2021, 07:12 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

The fuse on the back of the radio may be blown. This can cause the radio to turn on but not be functional.

To remove the radio, you either remove the 2 side panels and either:
push the spring clip on both sides all the way in and simultaneously pull the radio.
or
rotate the 4 hex retainers 90 degrees. Then pull out the radio.

There may be other radio types with different removal processes.

Quick Reply: Porsche 996 2002 Radio(PSM) Issue/ Replacement