Sponsored by:

Audio -- Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 09:42 AM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio -- Please help!

I really need to find out a few things - please help!

I ask this because I need to find out what is actually in the car!

1. On a 01 tt - without the bose -- Is this just the upgraded system that would be in a regular c2 (since I do have door speakers)

2. The front and rear speakers look to be the same - maybe 1" & 4" speakers -- is this correct?

3. Are the door speakers set up just for base? Are they 4.5" And does this system have an amp just to run the door speakers. If so where is it.

I need to upgrade the system -- I do think that the speakers are my main problem -- but the FM on the head unit indicates that it is not the best! I have no CD in the trunk so it is just the head unit that would be discarded.

Thanks all

TAG
Old 03-23-2004, 12:11 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think that i can help you-i have an 03tt, but i had an 01 c4. you are correct-the speakers are the major part of the problem. what i did was to replace 4 of the speakers (2 front, 2 rear) with mb quart speakers, that were made to fit right under the existing grills. i also added an amplifier, a rocksford-fosgate, and replaced the head unit with an xm ready alpine, and added an xm receiver. i believe that the cost, installed, was around $2000. the system sounded much better than the factory system, which i think was hindered by it's speakers. spending more money can make it even more spectacular (more speakers, more watts, subwoofer, etc). luckily, you are not hindered by the most system. you certainly have the ability to significantly improve your sound for not too much money. hope that helps.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:12 AM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the information:

Can anyone tell me the sizes of the speakers.

Are the doors just base -- with a seperate amp!

I am getting a buzz from one of the doors also -- I do not want to start taking things apart just to find out what is what. I will then have to put it all back and do it again.
Also I do not know if the whole door panel must come off or can you remove just the lower section!

There is no point in the dealer fixing the buzz and then me taking the door off again!

Get the picture

Thank all
Old 03-27-2004, 05:57 PM
tme
Advanced

I have an 01 with Hi-Fi Sound and just had a Reus system put in. The door speakers are just bass and there is a subwoofer assembly in the door that is about 1 1/2 feet long the speakers are in this assemb bly and are appx 5" the other 4 speakers they took out are 5". There is an amp they removed but I don't know where it came from.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:58 PM
tme
Advanced

Your car should still be under warranty so why don't u have them replace the door speaker and watch it being done???????????
Old 03-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Mark GT2
Advanced

Talking Sound System

I've got a 2001 TT and I've had the same problem with the sound from my speakers being poor - at best. After careful consideration I swapped out the entire exhaust system and now everything is perfect.......I've got more performance.......and I don't care that I can't hear the radio anymore.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Turbo Ron
Instructor

I swapped out my exhaust. I don't care about my sterio on my 2001 TT anymore.

Quick Reply: Audio -- Please help!