Sponsored by:

Bose Amplifier locations

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 12:28 AM
rsqrd1
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bose Amplifier locations

I find that the person who installed the aftermarket radio in my new-to-me 996 TT got happy with wire cutters. For example, the woofers in the back? No wires any more, clipped off and the connect tossed away I guess. In the trunk, the head unit is completely cut away in places, and jumper wires installed. Gee whiz...Never cut the harness folks...

Anyway, there is a secondary amp that feeds some of the other speakers; I would like to find it before becoming complete disgusted

Can someone give a lazy guy the location of the secondary AMP that I see on the wiring diagram? That would ease my tension... I suspect under the dash somewhere...

TIA folks.. calling it a night for now
Old 10-20-2020, 09:42 AM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 160 Likes on 114 Posts

I also have a 2002. For mine the amp is in the frunk well alongside the spare tire. I installed a doubl DIN Pioneer head unit and did not cut any wires. I was able to do it with the adapter kit. Sounds OK, phone works great. May upgrade the speakers and amp in the future. The spousal unit has an 2011 Cayenne S and it sounds way better than my turbo.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:08 PM
rsqrd1
Rennlist Member

You did it the right way, of course.
The wiring diagram seems to show a separate amp, where the woofers tie into. I don't see those wires in the frunk unit at all, so I think it is somewhere else. The parts diagram lists three separate configs and part numbers, and I found one of those part numbers on EBAY and it looks nothing like the amp in the frunk... I think that extra amp drives the subwoofer, I just need to find the wires before I have to run new ones....

I also note that I have two speakers in the rear footwell walls, and those are tied together (not right and left which is weird...) but those wires should be in the main amp in the frunk... lord....
Maybe I just need a louder exhaust and stop worrying about the radio, but it drives me crazy. The Subwoofer assembly is so pretty and integrated into the interior, why not use it...
Old 10-20-2020, 12:18 PM
theprf
Drifting

Received 1,623 Likes on 1,032 Posts

My '03 has the subwoofer amp next to the spare tire, way down inside the bottom of the frunk.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:24 PM
rsqrd1
Rennlist Member

Is it big (like 8" by 4" with two plugs, or small with one plug (3" x 3")

The big one is the main amp next to the tire, I am looking for the small one. .. don't see it down there anywhere.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:42 PM
paddlefoot64
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

Isn’t it under passenger seat? Not viewed, but have been told that.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:50 PM
rsqrd1
Rennlist Member

I looked but didn't see it, but I'll look again. It aint anywhere else I think those subwoofers definitly need an amp, i direct connected them to the radio for a test and nada... 4W aint gonna drive them .. I think. what do I know. Again, I am thinking my radio sounds just fine with 4 speakers right now... "Sour Grapes" for those Aesop Fables fans out there...

UPDATE: Nope nothing under pass seat. I have officially given up, no big deal the front speaker work just fine for me. I have a $50 stereo anyway .... but at least I fixed the wires on the subwoofer and cleaned up the wiring mess in the frunk... also fixed the frunk light (by the way, my engineer daughter is working on a little circuit to kill that light after 2 min, just in case that latch switch doesn't turn it off...no dead battery.)

Last edited by rsqrd1; 10-21-2020 at 10:42 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Quick Reply: Bose Amplifier locations