Sponsored by:

Potential new owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 04:46 PM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by PCAR996C2
Hi I’m in NZ as well. Bought at 02 TT 996 Tip for NZ$67K about a year ago. Spent about NZ$20k since getting it right it only had 82k km on the clock. So what I saying is expect to fork out for lots of things - MAF, radiators, Coils, sensors, tyres, SAI pumps, fuel, water pumps the list goes on. The engine is bullet proof but there are loads of other stuff that goes wrong. However in my opinion its worth it. I would however be worried about the hunting at 40 mph. Take it to a good shop to check it out. Where is the car? I can recommend Stu and Aero Automotive in Auckland.

Edit: rear spoilers all go bad. Mine has the stainless steel rod replacement so you can adjust to any height you want manually. I bought the car with this but I think its pretty cheap around a few hundred dollars NZ. I would not spend thousands getting it replace with OEM I just don’t see the point of a spoiler going up and down on its own...
Kia Ora! Very nice, I ended up getting this one for $64k I figured theres a nice silver one on trademe for $89k so what could possibly go wrong!

Yes I'm expecting yo have to replace alot of things, I'll be taking advice from you guys as to where I start! They are selling it with new pirellis which is good as they are around 2k I think.

I've been doing a bit of research on the surging and have been able to stop it by turning the ignition on for a minute then starting the car, I read that this restarts the throttle body or something so could be a problem with that. I have no idea though, it's worked 3 or 4 times, the problem still comes back eventually.

I'm not sure what I'm doing with the rear spoiler, I was thinking I'd restore everything on the car back to how it's meant to be but I'll see what happens.

Totally agree with you on it being worth it, if I wasnt spending time and money on cars I'd be in the pub or something spending money so it's all good!
Old 09-20-2019, 05:13 PM
T Kono
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 88 Posts

Congrats! Do some research on the spoiler......many times its simply low on fluid, the system doesn't hold much. A simple disassemble, cleaning, and new copper washers was all it took for mine to work again. Total investment = $11 + my time.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:16 PM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by T Kono
Congrats! Do some research on the spoiler......many times its simply low on fluid, the system doesn't hold much. A simple disassemble, cleaning, and new copper washers was all it took for mine to work again. Total investment = $11 + my time.
Thankyou! Wow that's good to hear, fingers crossed mine is something simple like that! I'm a bit overwhelming at where I should start at the moment so I think ill get the car home and write a list and prioritize things.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:32 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,531 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Congratulations.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:38 PM
pancing
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts

You could go cheaper on the tires if you want.
Gmax rs
Sumitomos
Are very gold options.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:53 PM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Congratulations.
Thankyou my friend, I'll start a restoration thread soon!
Old 09-20-2019, 08:57 PM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pancing
You could go cheaper on the tires if you want.
Gmax rs
Sumitomos
Are very gold options.
Thanks bro, luckily they put some new ones on for me! The way I drive they will last forever!
Old 09-20-2019, 09:16 PM
pancing
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Dingo
Thanks bro, luckily they put some new ones on for me! The way I drive they will last forever!
Nice enjoy

Quick Reply: Potential new owner