Shifter Contacting Boot Surround - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Shifter Contacting Boot Surround

Old 01-05-2019, 09:52 PM
TeCKis300
User

Default Shifter Contacting Boot Surround

My '03 911 Turbo, stock tranny, stock shifter, 60k miles developed a weird thing in the shifter. When shifting into 2 or 4th, the shifter will just touch the rear of the boot/surround/console. The throw doesn't seem any longer than is normally is, though it's generally the long throw sloppy stock shifting action.

Any idea what this is symptomatic of? Is it the cables? Stretching, failing, or needs adjustment? Tranny mount?
Old 01-05-2019, 11:38 PM
Kevinmacd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Probably the cable connector, it wears out at the point it contacts the bottom of the shifter. The inner white nylon bushing wears

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/hardparts.php?dir=996t-99-05&section=701-00

Items 8 & 9

Old 01-09-2019, 01:55 AM
TeCKis300
User

Subject matter indeed. Thank you for pointing me in the right, very specific direction!

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: