Sponsored by:

Window regulators

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 09:07 PM
01wj
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Window regulators

Just in case anyone was interested, both my windows were making a crunching / scratching sound going up and down and weren't indexing properly. I found a place called powerwindowrepair.com in Phoenix (I live here so it's easy) and just wanted to let everyone know I couldn't be happier. They rebuild regulators with better parts and fixed both my windows for $668 out the door. (Also done in about an hour) Now, I know this doesn't help out of state people, but they will rebuild them for you if you ship them to them but only for out of state customers.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up as I know these seem to have a habit of breaking on our cars and it ain't exactly cheap to fix at the dealer.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:18 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 290 Likes on 198 Posts

Isn't that about the cost of new OEM ones?
I purchased the URO one and was quite happy with the quality.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:22 PM
rael
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 60 Posts

My 03 Turbo had the right side done in January, right before I bought it. McIlvain (my indy) charged one hour labor and $282 for the part, which seemed reasonable to me. I know that because I bought the car when I saw it in for the repair, and the invoice was part of the records for the car.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:49 AM
01wj
Advanced

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Isn't that about the cost of new OEM ones?
I purchased the URO one and was quite happy with the quality.
Apparently Pelican has them for $290 / side so I guess that would be about $580 so the only benefit I got was the labor done for about $80. Either way, supposedly these were rebuilt with "better / more durable" parts, so hopefully the other benefit will be they won't wear out like the original ones did. (I guess time will tell with that)
Old 11-21-2018, 12:51 AM
01wj
Advanced

Originally Posted by rael
My 03 Turbo had the right side done in January, right before I bought it. McIlvain (my indy) charged one hour labor and $282 for the part, which seemed reasonable to me. I know that because I bought the car when I saw it in for the repair, and the invoice was part of the records for the car.
I will have to check this guy out. I keep hearing good things about him.

Quick Reply: Window regulators