Sponsored by:

Need info on vacuum lines for mafless setup and ypipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 01:14 PM
evo25psi
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on vacuum lines for mafless setup and ypipe

Im going with mafless setup with SRM Y pipe that has both front vacuum port deleted. I need some help with running tials bov and how to delete the rest of the vacuum lines.
thanks
Old 08-14-2018, 02:13 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

you can run the BOVs off of the vacuum port that fed the diverter valves that comes off the plenum.... weld flanges for the tial BOVs on the y pipe, mount BOVs, run vacuum line then split it to each BOV.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:34 PM
evo25psi
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem I have is the SRM Y pipe does not come with vacuum ports for n75 or for the hose on the left side to the y connection.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:30 PM
benschwe
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by evo25psi
The problem I have is the SRM Y pipe does not come with vacuum ports for n75 or for the hose on the left side to the y connection.
I know it's an old thread, but I'm currently in the process of installing an SRM y-pipe into my car, and had to add ports on it for the N75 and for the brake booster line. Feel free to ask questions on how I did it, i have some pictures.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:14 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 725 Likes on 503 Posts

I've been running similar setup for years. Running one of the ports on the n75 open to the atmosphere.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:15 PM
LinwoodM
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by benschwe
I know it's an old thread, but I'm currently in the process of installing an SRM y-pipe into my car, and had to add ports on it for the N75 and for the brake booster line. Feel free to ask questions on how I did it, i have some pictures.
Is the brake booster where that 1/2" line on the stock y pipe runs to (to the left of the throttle body on the pipe)? I just bought one of these and am really curious as to how everyone rerouted everything for it. Thanks in advance for the help...
Old 05-26-2020, 09:08 PM
benschwe
AutoX

Originally Posted by LinwoodM
Is the brake booster where that 1/2" line on the stock y pipe runs to (to the left of the throttle body on the pipe)? I just bought one of these and am really curious as to how everyone rerouted everything for it. Thanks in advance for the help...
When I got the SRM y-pipe, it lacked the fittings for the brake booster line, and for the boost controller solenoid. Both of those lines need to be pre-throttle body so they don't see vacuum. Below is a picture of how my y-pipe came out:

Old 05-27-2020, 12:50 AM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 1,427 Likes on 783 Posts

What's going on with your power steering reservoir?
Old 05-27-2020, 01:51 AM
benschwe
AutoX

Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious
What's going on with your power steering reservoir?
When I did the GT2 master/slave.conversion, I removed the clutch assist lines that ran to the stock ps reservoir tank top. Instead of capping the ports left behind, I just machined a new tank lid, and added a -8AN fitting for the ps return line. Less potential places to leak now.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:59 AM
LinwoodM
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

When I got the SRM y-pipe, it lacked the fittings for the brake booster line, and for the boost controller solenoid. Both of those lines need to be pre-throttle body so they don't see vacuum. Below is a picture of how my y-pipe came out:
Are you using the SRM throttle body and plenum as well? I do not have them, so I planned on just running a reducer from 82mm to the 68mm throttle body...
Old 05-27-2020, 03:27 PM
benschwe
AutoX

I am using the SRM plenum and a 74 mm 997 throttle body. The SRM y pipe and plenum are both sized to interface with the 74 mm throttle body. I would recommend going that route if you're going to do the y-pipe. The SRM plenum is nice and let's you use AN fittings for vacuum lines and can simplify the whole vacuum setup as well. I removed the Secondary Air and diverter valve vacuum systems, which cleaned up the engine bay a lot and gives more room to work.
Old 11-10-2021, 01:39 PM
paopao
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 92 Posts

When I did the GT2 master/slave.conversion, I removed the clutch assist lines that ran to the stock ps reservoir tank top. Instead of capping the ports left behind, I just machined a new tank lid, and added a -8AN fitting for the ps return line. Less potential places to leak now.
Did you use OEM parts and drill for the GT2 slave? EVOMS/BBI slave?
Old 11-10-2021, 06:07 PM
benschwe
AutoX

Originally Posted by paopao
Did you use OEM parts and drill for the GT2 slave? EVOMS/BBI slave?
I used all OEM parts. Drilled and tapped the transmission, and used the GT2 slave part as is without modification to rod length or anything. Changed the master cylinder to a new one to remove any pentosin. I did have to clearance the bellhousing internally to clear the shifter fork (some grinding). It works perfectly and the engagement point is right in the middle of the clutch pedal travel.
The following users liked this post:
paopao (11-12-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 08:24 PM
paopao
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 92 Posts

I used all OEM parts. Drilled and tapped the transmission, and used the GT2 slave part as is without modification to rod length or anything. Changed the master cylinder to a new one to remove any pentosin. I did have to clearance the bellhousing internally to clear the shifter fork (some grinding). It works perfectly and the engagement point is right in the middle of the clutch pedal travel.
Thanks for clarifying. To be clear, you didn't machine the mounting surface on the bell housing for the slave?
Old 11-11-2021, 01:36 PM
benschwe
AutoX

Nope, I didn't machine down the surface. I believe the GT2 case is machined - i suppose this would lead to a slightly lower engagement point compared to what i have. But again, im happy with how it came out and have no issues after ~3k miles on the setup.
The following users liked this post:
paopao (11-12-2021)

Quick Reply: Need info on vacuum lines for mafless setup and ypipe