Sponsored by:

PSS9 and Sway Bar Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 05:21 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSS9 and Sway Bar Problems

Can anyone please comment about using adjustable sways and PSS9's. I understand that GT-3 sway bars require a curved drop link to work properly. There appears to be conflicting views as to weather H&R sways will work. Please comment about your set-up, if you had any problems, or if you cannot use your full adjustment range.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the H&R coil overs with the GT3 sways and TRG drop links, no probs. With the GT3 sways and the TRG drop links you will not be able to adjust all the way tight due to the drive shaft. But this is not really an issue due to the the understeer the turbo has. You will never want to run full tight.

Old 01-07-2004, 05:56 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

OAK, are your TRG drop links straight or curved? How much and form where? Do you have the new H&R sways that are quiet in the rear? Did H&R give free upgrades to those that had the earlier units that clanked in the rear?
Old 01-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

I have the straight TRG DL's. GT3 sways front and rear. Hope this helps.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ColorChange
OAK, are your TRG drop links straight or curved? How much and form where? Do you have the new H&R sways that are quiet in the rear? Did H&R give free upgrades to those that had the earlier units that clanked in the rear?
Colorchange-

I don't want to hijack the thread, but H&R will be offering free replacements for those with the early bars that rub.

I found out that there are differences with the cross members in the rear. That is why some cars rub and others don't.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:30 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Oak and Mike. My understanding is the H&R coilovers do not change the strut mount and they have no problem. The question is with the PSS9's and adjustable sways.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:28 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

Mike was referring to H&R bars...
From experience, Mike is great. The day I got my H&R sways my tech called me and told me about the clearancve problem and we thought it was a defective bar. Mike overnighted me a brand new one and paid for the return of the other one. All this was before the issue was known (other members knew but no one told H&R or their reps). H&R was gonna design spacers but instead, they did it the proper way and went back to the drawing board. A new design is due out soon I hope.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:02 AM
GTRdream
Intermediate

Cool

i installed quite a few of the pss9 with TechArt s/bar
and Eibach they work well(pss9 used shorter oem style drop link)
the adjustable drop link have tendency to come loose
Old 01-08-2004, 03:45 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

the problem with PSS9s is that on my set the mount on the strut is much higher up than on yours oak... so they need to be longer. Also the angle is all messed up so when you turn the wheel it tends to try and bend drop links Strange design on the PSS9 part...
Old 01-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

sharkey, is this a problem on all PSS9's for the turbo? or just your set?
Old 01-08-2004, 06:09 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

hi oak... to be honest, I don't know.. I mean there are so many "different" versions. All I know is that if my design is a "correct" one then I would say it's a problem for other folks too...
Old 01-08-2004, 11:22 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the "early" H&R coilovers & the first H&R sway bars that were made. The rears bars really make a noise over normal uneven roads. I was going to change to another set up, but now it sounds like H&R is going to make good on the problem. The other problem I have is the front end is elevated about as high as it will go, but I still scrap consistently on driveways, etc. Any advice on what to do?
Old 01-09-2004, 05:53 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Code Red, drive slower over transitions. My lambo front end is 4" off the ground. I am used to it and you have to be careful.

I still don't have strong answers but I want to wait until some of the tuners get the new H&R sways on cars with PSS9s' and see if the problems are gone. It's way cool to see H&R fix the problem for you. Because of this, I will now give their products a shot.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:14 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

TIm - waiting wont help as H&R is only coming out with a new/re-designed REAR bar...The front will be the same and since it seems here that the problem is with the fornt droplinks then more info is needed now. I personally need to check my DLs when I get back but I do not think there is a problem...
Old 01-09-2004, 06:15 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Mansour, please let me know. Also tell us what position your on on the front sway.

Quick Reply: PSS9 and Sway Bar Problems