Sponsored by:

Question re: boost diagnostic

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 11:49 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Question re: boost diagnostic

I have searched the archives but can't seem to determine where I should go next...

I have an 01 TT, with an Upsolute ECU, Baileys, K&N, and open (no muffler or cat) exhaust.

These mods were done all at once with about 17K on the car. For the first few thousand miles thereafter, I would see 1.0 bar and hold 1.0 bar till redline iN all gears, and even see 1.1 flash for about a second in 4th-6th.

Now the car was about 25K miles. Here is what I observe during hard acceleration.

- .8 bar in 2nd until about 6000 RMPs then .9 till redline;
- .9 in 3rd thru redline;
- in 4th and 5th, 1.0 bar initially for a second or so, then dropping to .9, then back to 1.0 at about 6000 and holding to redline.

When not accelerating hard, I can get 1.1 bar spikes in 4th - 6th at lower RPMs and especially when the engine is loaded (going uphill, etc.)

I think I have ruled out a boost leak (based upon inspection of the hoses, etc and also my mechanic pressurized the system and could not detect a leak.) I have new plugs within the last 1000 miles and this did not seem to help.

I would like a few suggestions on which route to go next. I think I should be seeing 1.0 bar based upon my configuration. Maybe a new MAF? ALso I have heard about bent wastegate actuator rods. Is there an easy way to check for this?

Thanks to you all.

Quick Reply: Question re: boost diagnostic