996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what about a stereo system?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003 | 03:26 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Caveat, my install is a bit of a mess right now because everything was a I did it meself up to this point. I literally tried out about 6 or 7 different speaker combinations, corssover combinations and etc. to get the sound right. Now that the stereo is is optimal, I am taking it to my shop for a nice clean profressional install and to make room for my McIntosh Monoblock sub amp that is too large to fit now. Just makes better sense for me to experiment around with the spekaers, eqs, crossovers and etc. to find the right combination before have the custom install complete.

My system is purely SQ and the SQ probably cannot be bettered as I have spared no expenses on the system and spent alot of time tuning it. My cables run in the $ 150 range, all speaker wire is shielded, twisted, balanced 12 guage and etc. The single Dimaond 12 Titanium is a fabulous SQ sub as opposed other brands geared for more SQ/SPL. My system really came togther when adding the McInotsh head unit and putting the Scan Speak revelators in the front. The revelatros are truly remarkable and extremely high end, but they do costs about $ 500.00 a set just for the tweets. The Dynaudio mids are simply my favorite and I have auditioned the $ 7,000 Rainbow components. I had to go with QSD in the back due to mounting depth issues because my car is a cab.
Old 12-31-2003 | 03:32 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Here are some of my "reject" not being used speakers just lying around not currently being used or that use to test in different installs to see what sounds best. The front row even includes Focal Utopias and McIntosh MSS 650s that did not make the cut. In addition, I have MB Qs and CDT High definitions on this table that missed the cut also.
Attached Images  
Old 12-31-2003 | 02:31 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Hey Doug,

Looking to unload any of that "substandard" equipment at a great price??

Old 12-31-2003 | 03:13 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Maybe. I have several amps also. I just recently sold all of my extra subs on ebay though, except I may still have a JL 10W3 sitting around in the garage somewhere. What are you interested in and are you in need of any amps?
Old 12-31-2003 | 04:50 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Let me look at what my needs are and I'll get back to you after the new year!

Old 12-31-2003 | 06:09 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

Doug, I have an 03 with the MOST and PCM II so I guess I can not do an amp. I am however interested in speakers (particularly the Focals or whatever you recommend from your 'rejects') for the door panels, dash and rear seats (am I missing anything??)...I would prefer ones that do not need any modification to door panels, etc...
Thanx
Old 01-04-2004 | 01:51 PM
redducati750
User

hey if anybody has a cdr-210 or a cdr-220 and wants to get rid of it let me know.

Quick Reply: what about a stereo system?