cheap weight loss - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

cheap weight loss

Old 01-29-2018, 06:43 PM
  #16  
pfbz
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
pfbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US
Posts: 3,145
Default

Looks like 996.331.261.10 is the same part? Used as late as 2006 997's...

Not sure if there are any relevant upgrades to the newer part number.

Also looks like 99633126105, 99633126106, 99633126107, as well as 99633126110 are all part numbers superseded by the latest 99733126101.

This is a 996..10 part.



pfbz is offline  
Old 01-29-2018, 08:11 PM
  #17  
HBdirtbag
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 1,440
Default

Originally Posted by Third-Reef View Post
Great idea, just bought one. Perhaps i will polish it up a bit before putting it on. A little undercarriage jewelry.
i was just thinking the same, this would look great polished
HBdirtbag is offline  
Old 01-29-2018, 10:00 PM
  #18  
32krazy!
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
32krazy!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,715
Default

Originally Posted by pfbz View Post
Looks like 996.331.261.10 is the same part? Used as late as 2006 997's...

Not sure if there are any relevant upgrades to the newer part number.

Also looks like 99633126105, 99633126106, 99633126107, as well as 99633126110 are all part numbers superseded by the latest 99733126101.

This is a 996..10 part.



heres a cheapie unit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/99-1999-Por...VZoFHg&vxp=mtr
32krazy! is online now  
Old 01-30-2018, 02:53 PM
  #19  
RDS928S
Super User
 
RDS928S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ but from Boston
Posts: 2,905
Default


Same P# for a tiptronic car?

Will this one fit & how much labor is involved?
1999 - 2008 Porsche 911 996 997 Rear Suspension Crossmember 99633126110
RDS928S is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 05:55 PM
  #20  
GWIT996F
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GWIT996F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 5,515
Default

So, is this it right behind the new sway bar in this pic?

(not my pic - stole it from another forum)

Anyway, looks like a total of 6 bolts holding it in. Any trickiness involved in swapping it out? I assume it doesn't require an alignment afterward?

Last edited by GWIT996F; 01-31-2018 at 03:00 AM.
GWIT996F is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 06:15 PM
  #21  
32krazy!
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
32krazy!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,715
Default

Originally Posted by kcattorney
So, is this it right in front of the new sway bar in this pic?

(not my pic - stole it from another forum)

Anyway, looks like a total of 6 bolts holding it in. Any trickiness involved in swapping it out? I assume it doesn't require an alignment afterward?
4 bolts. 2 lower are removed 2upper are just loosened. Remove the wheels to take the weight off and pry it out from the bottom pop the new one back in
32krazy! is online now  
Old 01-30-2018, 07:53 PM
  #22  
RngTrtl
User
 
RngTrtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ATL, GA w/a 996TT
Posts: 1,917
Default

Originally Posted by 32krazy! View Post
4 bolts. 2 lower are removed 2upper are just loosened. Remove the wheels to take the weight off and pry it out from the bottom pop the new one back in
Just for clarity, it appears that there are 6 bolts in total. 2 on the bottom that hold the other braces need to be removed, 2 on the horizontal bottom that need to be removed, and 2 on horizontal top that need to be loosened.
Does anyone know if the tires need to be removed to do this so that the suspension hangs at full droop? I was planning on backing the car up on some ramps and having at it...
RngTrtl is offline  
Old 01-31-2018, 02:29 AM
  #23  
32krazy!
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
32krazy!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,715
Default

Originally Posted by RngTrtl View Post
Just for clarity, it appears that there are 6 bolts in total. 2 on the bottom that hold the other braces need to be removed, 2 on the horizontal bottom that need to be removed, and 2 on horizontal top that need to be loosened.
Does anyone know if the tires need to be removed to do this so that the suspension hangs at full droop? I was planning on backing the car up on some ramps and having at it...
4 for the brace and 2 for the braces. its easier to take the wheels off and take the weight off the suspension. you have to pry the brace out from the bottom so your lifting the suspension slightly
32krazy! is online now  
Old 01-31-2018, 07:35 AM
  #24  
ghostofpain
User
 
ghostofpain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 145
Default

Great info John. Thumbs up!
Just bought one.
ghostofpain is offline  
Old 01-31-2018, 08:54 PM
  #25  
fpb111
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
fpb111's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 5,259
Default

With No realignment needed?
The bottom of a Mezger engine looks different, with a bolted on steel wedge where that aluminum engine lug is on the NA engine. The wedge aims at the pad on the steel member from the turbo.
fpb111 is offline  
Old 01-31-2018, 09:00 PM
  #26  
powdrhound
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
powdrhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,223
Default

Originally Posted by fpb111 View Post
With No realignment needed?
The bottom of a Mezger engine looks different, with a bolted on steel wedge where that aluminum engine lug is on the NA engine. The wedge aims at the pad on the steel member from the turbo.
All the TT/GT2/GT3 Mezgers have the same steel wedge irrespective of whether the crossmember is aluminum or steel...
powdrhound is online now  
Old 02-01-2018, 12:15 AM
  #27  
fpb111
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
fpb111's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 5,259
Default

Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
All the TT/GT2/GT3 Mezgers have the same steel wedge irrespective of whether the crossmember is aluminum or steel...
ok, wedge was just an observation. My question is if you change the member should you do an alignment?
fpb111 is offline  
Old 02-01-2018, 02:59 AM
  #28  
powdrhound
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
powdrhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,223
Default

Originally Posted by fpb111 View Post

ok, wedge was just an observation. My question is if you change the member should you do an alignment?
i wouldnĺt sweat it...
powdrhound is online now  
Old 02-01-2018, 01:24 PM
  #29  
HBdirtbag
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 1,440
Default

Just got mine, older 996 unit i found on ebay for like $40 shipped. Going to actually polish it this weekend see if it cleans up at all.
HBdirtbag is offline  
Old 02-01-2018, 02:01 PM
  #30  
manimal
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
manimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 936
Default

Originally Posted by pfbz View Post
Looks like 996.331.261.10 is the same part? Used as late as 2006 997's...

Not sure if there are any relevant upgrades to the newer part number.

Also looks like 99633126105, 99633126106, 99633126107, as well as 99633126110 are all part numbers superseded by the latest 99733126101.
So it looks like the normally aspirated 996's had the aluminum piece, too, and ONLY the 6TT's had the big stamped steel one?

But the 996 part #'s have been superseded by a 997 part #? I also wonder what the differences are on the 997 part.
manimal is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cheap weight loss


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: