Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replica GT2 front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 03:11 PM
cobra06
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The replicas are a direct bolt on (most-likely with some minor fitting). The GT2 has a radiator difference, ducts as well as some other support issues that make it less then straight-forward to bolt on an OEM piece. Carnewal offers an entire kit with bumper, ducting and all of the related hardware to make it fit, ~$4500 , Getty sells the direct bolt on for ~$1000
Old 12-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

David, I respect that you dont want to go around bashing people on Rennlist, but I called Neil @ Getty and inquired about Anziano and he says that he sells some parts to Anzianos and that Bob just "marches to his own drummer" but is otherwise a great person.

I'm sorry but its hard to recommend or "un-recommend" someone when there is no substantial evidence.

I am about to purchase a wing from someone and it would be great if you could share some details about your negative experience. If you dont want to do it on the board, can you email me ryan@gaytanfoods.com

Old 12-11-2003, 08:39 PM
cobra06
Pro

Well, why would you want to buy from Anziano if he's (and is) getting parts made by Getty and MA Shaw, putting his name on it and marking it up?.
Marching to a different drummer (if you knew them better they would have rephrased that) may be translated as selling defective , chipped, or ill fitting parts, not backing up what they sell, or charging restocking fees for defective poorly made parts, the list goes on.
I've been around this stuff and the industry since the 80's, it is a relatively small community when it comes to parts suppliers and tuners. If you know better, go for it, I have nothing to gain by whomever you purchase from.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:25 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

I've not had as much experience as David has but what I have had is great stuff from MA Shaw. Mike came through with what he said he would do and the results look awesome!
Old 12-15-2003, 03:28 PM
Lydon
Advanced

TTP offers one in Carbon Kevlar, im just not sure if you can order the front seperate, or if you have to order the tail as well!

Complete kit was around $7600.00 u.s
Old 12-15-2003, 06:19 PM
KPV
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did mine the correct way and it was a pain. The research and reverse engineering is the biggest pain with the implementation following a close second. Here are pics:

The full write-up can be found here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=debut

Quick Reply: Replica GT2 front bumper