Sponsored by:

possible to import GT3 RS to states?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 01:37 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

DJ,

Don't you love the poetry of Revelation?

look up "analogy". think thematically, engage in symbolism, speak hyperbollically, spout bombast for amusement's sake. i use the phrase describing a car. not very profound.

e.g.: when ["he", who is me] instead of "she" in the text, flies on two [sic]great wings [a gt2 and a gt3] into the wilderness [the mountains of Malibu]. and the colours change to match my car!!!! shocking!

my ten year old gets it. Bob Rouleau gets it, most everyone else gets it.. i hope you get it now. not a difficult leap on a car site with the car specified below each time? you flunked creative writing?

and something really fine came out of it; you were prompted to read scripture!!!!!!!!!!!!

666 the devil is in PCCB

the greatest country is Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :
Old 11-20-2003, 01:45 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To paraphrase Paul Rodriguez, "You're in America now, speak Spanish!"
Old 11-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Les Quam
Pro

D. J. reading Watt's post's is part theology, part philosophy with some car stuff mixed in . Never, never try to figure it out.......... When are we going to start bashing the english guy again?
Old 11-20-2003, 07:07 PM
Madcaplaughs
Advanced

Originally posted by TB993tt
Madcaplaughs
Your answer to my reply on the "M3 spanks GT3" thread made me think you were a bit of a Pr!ck - the answer above confirms it - why have you bothered coming to these forums if you already know it all
So that I can learn to be a bigger pr!ck like you. However you make me realise that I am only a beginner.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:24 PM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Originally posted by Les Quam
D. J. reading Watt's post's is part theology, part philosophy with some car stuff mixed in . Never, never try to figure it out.......... When are we going to start bashing the english guy again?
If there is any bashing to be done it wil be between me and the Bishop and will be conducted in the privacy of my own home....

America and England... Two nations seperated by a common language

Oh and leave Pasty Boy alone, or I will have to report Watt for importing Cuban Cigars!!

Old 11-20-2003, 07:30 PM
Madcaplaughs
Advanced

Originally posted by Les Quam
Hey Guys please calm down, I can explain it all. The other English guy that called me a pr!ck is just being English. We always critisise our own and stand up for other lesser nations.

As for you Yanks, well it is well known that you don't understand the British sense of humour. If you did then you would realise that I WAS ONLY JOKING.

However it is true that the USA will not be getting the RS
Old 11-20-2003, 09:07 PM
Les Quam
Pro

I think we all knew you were joking but it's bad form to gloat about your ability to get all the best Porsche has to offer and poke fun at our country. I had a deposit on a GT3 RS and wanted that car way more than this overpriced Boxster Carrera GT I have on order. You guys also get the best car magazines as well. Autocar blows away autoweek.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:19 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

UK also gets the better auto TV shows and mags - compare Top Gear to MotorWeek...
Old 11-21-2003, 01:46 AM
ADOGNY
Racer

What the hell is British sense of Humor? Benny Hill? Bean?? Real funny stuff guys.. And someone suggested he post on the Jaguar board - Who owns them now by the way?

For those who claim my Pro USA comments were not appropriate, you can kindly F*** Off. I am entitled to my opinion, which is a priviledge we enjoy over on this side of the ocean. I am sure England, when it isnt raining, is a fine country. It just cannot compare to the USA and what we have become - that's why you guys are always kissing our asses whenever we make a move. We are like the younger brother you used to beat up when you were kids and now he grew up to by a lot bigger and stronger than you are and will gladly put the smack down on you if you step out of line.

Just keep following the leader and you guys will be fine. Cheers Mate..
Old 11-21-2003, 01:47 AM
ADOGNY
Racer

PS - and stop putting the letters "S" and "Y" where Z's and I's belong - thats annoying also..
Old 11-21-2003, 04:35 AM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by ADOGNY
For those who claim my Pro USA comments were not appropriate, you can kindly F*** Off.
Woops! I think this message is for me.

I am entitled to my opinion, which is a priviledge we enjoy over on this side of the ocean. I am sure England, when it isnt raining, is a fine country. It just cannot compare to the USA and what we have become - that's why you guys are always kissing our asses whenever we make a move. We are like the younger brother you used to beat up when you were kids and now he grew up to by a lot bigger and stronger than you are and will gladly put the smack down on you if you step out of line.
So when can we expect the "growing up" part???

Stephen

(Protestor in London for President Bush's visit. Richard Lewis - AP)

Last edited by FixedWing; 11-21-2003 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:07 AM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Default GT3 Mk2 vs. GT3RS ... USD vs. EUR

Much as I hate to do this, back to the business side of this thread for a second ....

On a British GT3 mailing list, someone recently pointed out that production on the GT3 Mk2 is set to end in April with a very few Mk2's destined for the U.K.

Here is my comment to this:

The early end of production on the GT3 Mk2 pretty much confirms my suspicions that PAG has turned the GT3RS into a mechanism to raise the price of the GT3 without appearing to do so. Effectively, they've taken the GT3, made a few small changes to it and bumped the price tremendously. All those destined for a GT3 Mk2 switch to the RS and the final blow is the end of production of the GT3. I think that they quickly realised that the GT3 was under priced. What a nice marketing move.

All of this makes the GT3 Mk2 as delivered in the USA an exceptional deal at US$99K.
So for those of you crying over not being able to get a GT3RS, consider yourself lucky. The USA is obviously going to get a greater share of the Mk2 production and you aren't going to get stuck for the additional money that Porsche is now getting for the GT3 substitute (the RS) in Europe.

It isn't that the USA is getting screwed. Rather, the USA is being protected. It is the rest of the world that is getting screwed.

Oh, and let's not forget, the US$99K price was set at a time when the USD was about par with the EUR. The European GT3 is about €100K. There has been significant depreciation in the USD since. This makes the USA GT3 an even better deal. In fact, if I were to buy one today for use in Europe, I'd probably source it in the USA and ship it back...

I wonder if the weakness of the USD was also a factor in PAG's decision not to bring the RS in? They would have had to price it significantly higher than the current GT3 and no doubt people would moan and they would have a hard time moving the car at that price. (Anyone happen to know whether PAG and/or PCNA hedge their currency risk when they price their cars?)

Stephen
Old 11-21-2003, 10:42 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Actually, from what I've heard, previously reliable sources (multiple), the GT 3 production will continue into May. We'll see if they're right this time!
Old 11-21-2003, 10:59 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

madcap,

as you can see this place needs more levity; I'm counting on you! [ps, pls post some photos of your rs on the photo thread]

Last edited by Sun Ra; 03-29-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Mr. RS
Instructor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ADOGNY
[B]What the hell is British sense of Humor? Benny Hill? Bean?? Real funny stuff guys..

American sense of humour...

An Austrian as Govenor of California and future President

One day we might get back to talking about cars

P.

Quick Reply: possible to import GT3 RS to states?