Sponsored by:

Suspension Adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003 | 04:41 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

viken

I am still digging but as I understand it, the special parts allow you to adjust caster which is fixed on the GT3. I may be using the wrong term, the (expensive) devices in question are caster adjusters. Apparently under certain circumstances, adding negative camber without changing caster can hurt the handling of the car. The rennwerks team cars I saw in september had adjustable caster so I suppose said parts are already installed on the racing versions of the GT3.
Old 11-10-2003 | 05:00 PM
mds
Pro

Bob, thanks for the info and if you find out more please post. On the arms, according to the USA workshop manual, the arms have two bores where the diagonal arm is fitted. The center bore is for road camber values, the offset bore for racing cambers. These two bore are not shown on the picture Viken posted, but they do show on subsequent pages in the manual. It maybe that these bores are what your shop is talking about. In particular, the offset bore may affect caster geometry.
Old 11-10-2003 | 05:32 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Old 11-11-2003 | 03:19 AM
Weng
Instructor

I've dropped the front ride height by a further 5mm to compensate for the additional push brought about by the greater rear downforce provided by the wing shims. So far so good but I need additional front camber and have ordered the shims. Currently -1.6deg/-3.0deg F/R 0.1deg toe in - trying to get to -3deg front camber. Outside of Corsa's wearing quite badly.
Old 11-17-2003 | 12:22 AM
mds
Pro

Has anybody checked their ride height as shipped from the factory? My car is close to spot on at the rear, but the front is about 10mm higher than spec. Also the side to side difference at the front is pretty big. Factory spec according to my best sources is front 115mm, rear 128mm. My car has front 122/130mm, rear 128/124mm (left/right). I am going to have this fixed Tuesday when I have the shims and alignment done.
Old 11-17-2003 | 07:33 PM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Originally posted by mds
Has anybody checked their ride height as shipped from the factory? My car is close to spot on at the rear, but the front is about 10mm higher than spec. Also the side to side difference at the front is pretty big. Factory spec according to my best sources is front 115mm, rear 128mm. My car has front 122/130mm, rear 128/124mm (left/right). I am going to have this fixed Tuesday when I have the shims and alignment done.
Mike,

I noticed this on my GT3 when parked next to a few others at a recent meet at Porsche Cars in Reading, all that were there had noticable differant ride heights.

Good job it is so easy to adjust!.

P

Quick Reply: Suspension Adjustments